Coilovers

Aye_chavez99

Whats up guys im looking for coilovers to buy at the moment but im not really sure what to go with i was hoping someone in this group can lead me to the right direction of what im looking for .... I need suspension for my 93 integra , it is my daily , at the moment the suspension it has is old and pretty beat up .... I was looking for suspension that isnt really bouncy , but not to stiff , i daily it so im hoping to buy some that will last me a good while . I dont use my car for track or nothing but at the same time i do speed a lot so , im just looking for something that will be good quality . Thanks in advance

Aye_chavez99

Whats up guys im looking for coilovers to buy at the moment but im not really sure what to go with i was hoping someone in this group can lead me to the right direction of what im looking for .... I need suspension for my 93 integra , it is my daily , at the moment the suspension it has is old and pretty beat up .... I was looking for suspension that isnt really bouncy , but not to stiff , i daily it so im hoping to buy some that will last me a good while . I dont use my car for track or nothing but at the same time i do speed a lot so , im just looking for something that will be good quality . Thanks in advance
Also i would like the suspension to be able to .. Not slam it but drop it pretty low

SoundEfx

When buying car parts, there is one main rule, do NOT cheap out.

Coilovers are great, but because of all the junk ones out there, it gets a bad rep.

Most cheap coilovers for the integra are way too stiff, 12K which racing specs and sold to every day customers, who then hate them because of the harsh ride.

My advice is to save up and get some quality coilovers that can give you that glide feeling. I have BC racing coilovers with a 6K spring rating and I love them.

Others would say get the koni / ground control set up which is also good.

renarudo

Koni/GC setup is golden, BC coilovers are great, I've heard mixed things about Fortune Autos, Omni, then F2 is not a bad brand but the front spring rates are pretty high 12K with a 8K rear.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can do koni/ground control without top hats, probably bilstein and eibach sport. Theres nothing really good in that range, maybe skunk pro s. IMO koni gc or buddy club N+ are the best for that price range. Hell i run upgraded koni gc on my track car.

SoundEfx

Go with that suits your pocket AND the quality you want.
Everyone will have their preference.

Some like the koni/GC combo, some like coilovers because it allows you to change ride height without changing the preload.
But as I mentioned before, be careful of the spring rate.

Another reason I like the BC racing coilovers is because they allow you to change your spring rate without having to revalve the coilover. So if you get 6K coilovers, but later think that they are too soft, you can go up to 8K and all you have to do is buy the springs.

I am in no way affiliated with BC. I'm simply speaking from personal experience.