Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
They really are. I cant tell you how many times I have used my gauges to diagnose and fix problems before they happen. Or to determine the health of the car after some odd noise or behavior on long trips. I really want to have a few more (fuel pressure, oil temp, and IAT) but feel its too much. So I am actually looking into tablet carputers as an option and doing a full integration. Definitely cleaner, and there are nice programs out there that can be programed for warnings and automatically display trouble gauges on screen as they approach a warning zone. OBD2 tegs should be able to pull it off, not sure about OBD1.
I think something like that might work better on obd2. OBD1 has nothing in terms of support. I think the closest we can get to that is datalogging from an s300. Im not 100% sure. But gauges like the PLX, Defi and greddy all can data log.

How did you look at them then? The sole purpose of gauges is to monitor the motor to make sure everything is working properly.
yup!

To preform diagnostics is a way I've never looked at them:p

this post was made in china using Taptalk2
you two are using terms interchangeably but are probably thinking the same thing, kind of.

So, to you they were just cosmetic? They monitor the health of your motor...if you notice some of your readings are out of the ordinary you know you have a problem...each gauge monitors a specific thing...which pinpoints the problem...which again that is the sole purpose of them.

Take your basic water temp gauge. It is only there for you to keep an eye on your temperatures in case something goes wrong. When your motor is running too hot you know something is wrong with your cooling system...that is a diagnosis...

Anyways...What gauges do you plan on getting dylan? Ignore the idiots who say its ricer. Let them blow their s*** up. It is only ricer if the gauges don't work.
Oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp. I think those are the most important. They arent too terribly expensive either. Im looking at the autopower ones. Im going electric i think. I dont want to bleed lines, and it cant be too off compared to mechanical. Also i dont want shit flying in my eye if i have an oops.

Haven't checked out ur build thread in a while like the mods!

Sent from my iPhone 4S
thanks kyle! i hid it for a bit too lol.

Nick_C78

Oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp. I think those are the most important. They arent too terribly expensive either. Im looking at the autopower ones. Im going electric i think. I dont want to bleed lines, and it cant be too off compared to mechanical. Also i dont want s*** flying in my eye if i have an oops.
I assume you mean autometer, not autopower. Also, why are you getting a water temp gauge? You already have one...Unless you want it to be digital for some reason.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Im on the wall about it. I rather have it to know for sure about my water temp Rather than have my needle "on the line before half way". And, yes autometer.

dlo253

Agreed I like knowing the actual temperature, not 1/4 past half and bs like that Lol. Who ever said gauges are ricer or just cosmetic is ummmm....... let's just say silly. Didn't see who, but gathered from Nick's post..

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Agreed I like knowing the actual temperature, not 1/4 past half and bs like that Lol. Who ever said gauges are ricer or just cosmetic is ummmm....... let's just say silly. Didn't see who, but gathered from Nick's post..
I was joking about the ricer gauges lol. My temp gauge doesn't even move past halfway.

this post was made in china using Taptalk2

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Started getting the car cleaned for the Filipino Fiesta Car Show

These f***ers had so much caked on brake and rubber that i used a scotch brite to clean them

lowered it to where it was before, i raised it to be able to drive with the 16" wheels.

clay bar was stupid. Never doing it again, im paying someone next time. This is how i did things: Wash, clay, polish, wash, and wax.

kind of clean

final touches! Because JDM ZIpties is dope. Those are actual reflections from the paint not camera tricks.

and my new banner

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Some shots from Miata Challenge over the weekend:

this was the garage we were allowed to use. Our friend Allen from McLaren of San Francisco is a partner here. Thats the 2013 overall winner from the 25 hours of thunderhill

Our green miata had issues so our friend was nice enough to loan his car

the lounge in the garage

works momentum which was next door

a brittcar ep3

their evox