track forged kit?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't know but none of that is forged, so that's a stupid name for what's probably a bunch of shit.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
That's the company name and probably a play on words.
Essentially saying the kit has been built from experience on the track.

1600 is a bit much see how great companies make kits for $2000-3000 range.

Your paying for junk parts. Log manifolds are terrible, if you can hit 500hp on pump gas with those it would be a miracle.

Muckman has 500+ horsepower and that's the mid range for his setup. His manifold and radiator alone are worth more than that kit your referring to.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
I've seen a lot worse

It's probably old inventory precision and tial stuff, it all would still work just fine.

Plenty of people have made 500hp on log manifolds, the log is going to spool faster and make more torque down low, which is something that is more important to me than peak hp numbers

Muckman

Not a M0derator
A precision 5431 was my first turbo too.

Im not a fan of any ebay stuff. The fabrication is never good and it will either crack or not fit right, or both. And they usually offer lifetime warranties but do you want to deal with having your car down for weeks, if they even honor the warranty at all. "All of our manifolds are hand made by our expert fabricators who have years of experience. Wait times will vary but are usually 2 weeks or less." Hilarious. Apparently 2 weeks is how long it takes a container ship to cross the Pacific. Does mass produced in a Chinese factory count as made by hand? Does it even matter? Its all horse sh!t.

At least the turbo is a name brand as ebay turbos are known to self destruct in tens of miles.

That kit doesn't include an intercooler or any charge piping. Also dont forget the tuning and fuel injection.

Check out Go Autoworks. They are a step above the ebay garbage.

rivman05

There normal kits are not cheap, yeah there in Oregon this is an old inventory kit that never sold. Never built a honda motor, not looking for more than 250-275 hp....Just looking for more power and able to keep AC. Its a must have for Alcan cruising back and forth from Washington to Alaska for summers. I didnt go home this summer but will next summer and planning for this build. This kit looks like a good starting place for me. Im planning on a new head (to be determined as other plan went south), rings, bearings, gaskets, lightened flywheel, light weight pullies, walboro puel pump, 440 injectors, and a fmic of some sort, chipped ecu with a Hondata of some flavor (TBD). This is my plan, and like I said Im not looking for crazy mad numbers, just more power to cruise easier than it is as an NA motor up the Canadian Rockies.....

rivman05

Thats why I asked for help. I don't know where that turbo was at in terms of power, That go works kit I have been looking at as well. Theres a couple and was curious as to if anyone had any other suggestions, the track forged kits look good. Thanks for the input tho, its been helpful and I mean a lot. being an LS motor seems to be a good place to start for turbo power.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I dont know anything about "Track Forged" so I would recommend that you seek out other reviews and comments about their manifolds. And that doesn't include ebay comments. Find out if others have fitment issues or if they have cracked, if so after how long.

For turbos you basically want the smallest turbo in a T3 footprint. Any of the turbos on the GoAuto link are smaller than the PTE 5431. PTE also has a 48x series 4831 and 4854 that are smaller and will be more responsive. I generally advice people to pick the smallest turbo charger that will make their power goals.

rivman05

Thanks.I checked the goautoworks site for long time last night (2-3 hrs). Looking at just piecing together a kit from their manifold/down pipe/dump tube combos or the entire kit. There kits look complete and would meet my goals for sure. Ill just save a bit from now and till april and then Ill probably post back with more questions. Thanks.