What color to paint my new type r wing?

clover98

Hey guys, just acquired an OEM Type-R wing. Phoenix yellow in color. As much as I would like to paint it to match the factory color of the whole car (ABP), my bank account won't allow that. Debating between white or black; leaning on the white side. Think it would make things "pop" a bit. White would also match my clubintegra stickers :lol: Looking for some opinions!

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Seriously, go to a DuPont store and they'll mix you a spray can to match. They probably already have some on the shelf.

R13

The other asshole
Would one 12 oz can of basecoat do the job?
Yes, I would recommend getting a can or two of duplicolor clear coat and wetsanding that instead of the base coat for a better longer lasting shine.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Lol that car looks funny with that yellow wing, I dig the ukdm tail lights though. Painting it the oem color of your would be best

Sent from my iPhone 2g

R13

The other asshole
I agree, That car is too clean to be all mismatched like my bucket was. :lol:

clover98

Alright guys, I've been convinced. Painting it ABP. What use is an oem type r wing if it looks like crap? I've had a lot of experience with sanding/painting, did my meshies last summer. Automotivetouchup is looking like the best option, and it looks like they can in fact mix up a can of ABP for me. Appreciate all the advice!!