ITR intake on GSR?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
It should, the ITR throttle body isn't that much bigger. I also think I've seen it done any many setups using a stock GSR throttle body
TB bore is the same on the OD. Location of the throttle body is a lot lower. Thats why GSR intake arms are longer...

Ya after looking at the kit today I see they don't have a full kit with type R arm for the GSR :( Looks like I will just do a drop in filter. Will see how I feel about the intake after I do the exhaust system.
itr arm is too short for the gsr intake.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
skunk2 gen 1 manifold is the way to go. Theres a reason they went from the double butterfly to the single plenum.

Joe383

Do the Blox and skunk intakes match the ports well? I put an intake on a D series and it was a lot larger than the ports on the head. Looked cool but lost a lot of power. Don't want an intake that will require me to pull the head and have it port matched.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
they are modeled after the ITR manifold, so most likely slightly bigger as the ITR was ported and polished from factory. But i dont remember my hondata gasket being bigger than the ports.

Joe383

Ok so finally got some parts on the way for modding. I have a yonaka 2.5" cat back exhaust, cheep resonator/Test pipe, OBD1 P72 and jumper harness, Skunk 2 intake manifold, Skunk 2 cast 66mm throttle body and an ITR intake tube and box. I want to get a header but need something that will work with the stock cat, stainless and be around $400 or less and have a 2.5" outlet. I wanted a Skunk 2 header or the yonaka but both say don't work with a cat and I want my car to stay as quiet as possible. Want something that's a direct bolt on. Also have a skunk 2 short shifter with energy suspensions bushings that I have been waiting to install tell I got the parts for the exhaust so I could do it all at once. Also want to do a Blox clutch master cylinder to shorten the clutch pedal travel as well.

Future mods besides the above will be ITR transmission, hondatta S300, stage 1 cams, traction bar and stiffer motor mounts. I don't plan on porting head or raising compression and am just trying to make car funner to drive. I drive 200 miles to work a week. Hondatta might happen this summer but the transmission and cams will probably be next spring. Also planning on Koni yellow shocks, ITR springs, some other suspension and maybe brake mods down the road.

RunningFreeApex

Very nice info guys. I'm looking to go back to the stock intake setup from the short ram whale penis I have currently.

I think the best setup is DIY CAI, or the bumper induction method.