Finally pulled the trigger

teggygrl08

BBHG.. one love.
yeah definitely paint the skirts itll look much better. and a lip, a drop, and either wingless or R wing would look sick. oem non-itr wings are blah. ever look into gsr blades? theyre a cheap oem wheel

#172CR

Woo ok, version 2.0 is done.

Here is the car when I bought it;

The first thing I dealt with was the water leak issue. So I gutted the interior;

and here is the standing water;

Caused by this, an open hole where the rubber grommet was missing;

With the interior out I took the opportunity to order all new bulbs and missing clips from Honda to replace for when it goes back together. I also decided to re cloth the door panels and head liner and shampoo the carpet and seats.

LED's

All the cosmetic stuff was good, but the car has 194,000 miles on it so I needed to get to work on the engine.

The before (dirty engine bay)

My mechanic knowledge is limited, however I decided to tackle doing the timing belt/water pump in my garage:shock:

Thankfully it went well, I was able to get it all replaced. The timing belt had been replaced but it was done incorrectly, it was very loose and not tensioned. The tensioner,water pump (which was leaking badly) AC, PS and Alt belt were all original and ready to break!

With the car in the air I also tightened down an annoying rattle from the exhaust :thumbup:

Here she is now...ready to last a long time and looking better then ever I believe. I did polish and wax the car quickly, I don't know if it's ever had that done.

Now that I'm comfortable in "my" car, down the road is the lip...coilovers...type R wing...and painting the black trim pieces. However seeing how fast I got to this point...It may not be that far off :)

Thanks for everyone's input throughout this thread

JGvtec

Wow! Looks really good! x5000

If you need any help with detailing PM me ;)

sylvaner01

looking good as, I cant look at that s2000 though, i am filled with jealousy!
Cant wait to see the end result, you chucking a sub in?

#172CR

looking good as, I cant look at that s2000 though, i am filled with jealousy!
Cant wait to see the end result, you chucking a sub in?
Thanks! Your DA looks clean!

No, no sub, the s2000 has all the bells and whistles with that stuff, I can't afford to do double duty with the DC2, maybe speakers someday.

jznsn2u

Thanks! Your DA looks clean!

No, no sub, the s2000 has all the bells and whistles with that stuff, I can't afford to do double duty with the DC2, maybe speakers someday.
DC2 = gsr/type r
DC4 = ls/rs/gs/se

Nice work. I like how the headliner and door panels came out :thumbs up.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Wow very impressed by both cars, the s2k is friken secks :shock: Can't wait to see how it all turns out :thumbs up

#172CR

DC2 = gsr/type r
DC4 = ls/rs/gs/se

Nice work. I like how the headliner and door panels came out :thumbs up.

Ahh I see :thumbup: Thanks :)

I'm looking forward to a drop as well! I'm deciding on if I want to do coilovers or just springs.

I don't think the suspension has ever been changed, so adding in the cost of new shocks + springs I might as well just get some basic coilovers...

What are your guys thoughts?

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I think you're better off with just a simple coilover set up, but that's just my opinion :) Shoot me a PM or check the thread in my sig if you're interested in a spark plug wire cover :thumbs up

#172CR

Someone broke into the car this morning :(

They tried to hot wire it, so now I get to search the boards on re installing the ignition switch. Ugh...

Last edited: