87 Mugen Integra?

8675309yine

Hello every one, Newbie here.
I am new to Imports and I am just curious, I just picked up an 87 Acura Integra and a kid at work went ape s&*t when he saw it and said it was a "Mugen" Integra. How do I confirm this? Only things I see on the car are the mugen spoilers (front and back) factory Driving lights, and the 1.6 DOHC engine?. I was also told that the VIN is a Japan VIN starting with a "J"? Sorry for all of the questions, I just got the car, and I really like it, and I was planning on making a "toy" out of it, but if this thing is true, I think I would rather "restore" it. You dont see many of these things on the road now days, I always like to be a little unique (Hints the Turbo Coupe in the garage).
I did edit some of the pics removing license plates ect..
Here are a few pics:

99jdmgsr

all integras vin # starts with a J.. but no i dont think thats a mugen integra.. i seen a mugen integra and it looks way diffrent

8675309yine

I didnt think so due to the amount I paid for this one, but I dont know much about them (Yet) Thank You for the info. Does anyone have a pic of a "True" Mugen Integra? I am very interested to see one now.
Thanks Everyone!!
"86"

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
I just picked up an 87 Acura Integra and a kid at work went ape s&*t when he saw it and said it was a "Mugen" Integra. How do I confirm this? Only things I see on the car are the mugen spoilers (front and back) factory Driving lights, and the 1.6 DOHC engine?. I was also told that the VIN is a Japan VIN starting with a "J"? Sorry for all of the questions, I just got the car, and I really like it, and I was planning on making a "toy" out of it, but if this thing is true, I think I would rather "restore" it.
I wouldn't listen to that kid anymore. lol

Continue on making it your "toy" and welcome to CI. =)

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Welcome to CI! Is that Mugen rear wing authentic?

8675309yine

Welcome to CI! Is that Mugen rear wing authentic?
I was told that the car, minus the engine, is bone stock. I would assume it is authentic, but I honestly could not tell. It looks to be foam rubber with a corner ripped off,same for the front spoiler. The emblem is molded into the spoiler if that helps at all.

8675309yine

I wouldn't listen to that kid anymore. lol

Continue on making it your "toy" and welcome to CI. =)
Yeah, I try to do my research before "believing" everything people say. I do have to say it was exciting to think that I may have picked up a "rare" car for literally nothing : )