2012 Ride Of The Year Awards (Apps Due 12-21)

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Make them show proof that they attended and raced in some sort of event this year. Just like posting that the submitted car must be currently owned and not a friends car, you're just taking someones word on that, ya know.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
There is really no way to justify that category. It would come down to styling, so we may as well make a category for hard parking

Nick_C78

Isn't that what every other category is already there for :twisted:
My thoughts exactly. lol

Best track car would be cool. However, everybody who tracks knows that it is driver > car. Also the CI time attack series sort of takes care of rewarding that :p But I am all for having a category for track cars, because there is a different between track sexy and street sexy. And I agree there should be proof that they tracked the car. The only problem I see with that is they can have someone else track their car for them, but that is also no different then having someone else build your car/motor, which some people do.

And I want to wait to submit my app until I get my block. Mostly because of that NA category, don't feel it would be right of me to enter that with a block that smokes.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
My thoughts exactly. lol

Best track car would be cool. However, everybody who tracks knows that it is driver > car. Also the CI time attack series sort of takes care of rewarding that :p But I am all for having a category for track cars, because there is a different between track sexy and street sexy. And I agree there should be proof that they tracked the car. The only problem I see with that is they can have someone else track their car for them, but that is also no different then having someone else build your car/motor, which some people do.

And I want to wait to submit my app until I get my block. Mostly because of that NA category, don't feel it would be right of me to enter that with a block that smokes.
You're overlooking the big picture of best track car. It wouldnt be a subjective thing. Mark and I spoke about this and it was decided that a "best track car" category will never exhist unless we do a forum wide meet at a race track. Kyle, or the oval guys would have x time which we wouldnt know is comprable to a time say at laguna seca.

Nick_C78

It wouldn't have to be time based, sir. Also, some cars can be better prepped and still get slower times(not pointing any fingers) do to driver experience/skill. I was talking about track sexy vs street sexy, and track sexy is only sexy if it tracks :p But it is the mods choice after all. If you guys don't want it then its cool.

I was just thinking along the lines of only be able to enter track pics and track vids. Like best track pic category, best track vid category. Cause some people have videos of nice saves, close calls, dodges, spins, passes, etc. And who doesn't love seeing sick drift pics, curb hopping pics, spin pics, etc. A car can be ugly as hell in the parking lot, but the moment it is on 2 wheels hopping a curb at the track it becomes sexy.

PS: Nothing is really a subjective category. It all comes down to who gets the votes. In some cases it can even come down to popularity.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
We wont have a track category until we can think of a way that would be fair to all. Its been in the works for like 4 years or so. Best suspension was the baby of that idea and the moderation team is always trying to think of other categories that we could add. However, we havent found anything that we liked that would work.

best video and best photo for a track car, i think would be dumb:
I dont believe in one person submitting another person's work for "best photo of X"
For the video category, most videos are shot on a Hero camera or controur, or a chinapro, usually from one angle. it would be very, fair to assume everyone would be on equal footing, until someone shakes things up with a hollywood style production. This is why we have had discussions about using .gifs for ROTM thumbnail photos.

Nick_C78

Fair enough. Just figured I would throw in some ideas to go off of what Matt suggested. Carry on with your thread. Sorry for going off topic guys (well kind of off topic).

Last edited: