b16a obd0 ecu wiring issues..?

Tetsuka

DA9
So I had my Integra in storage for the winter.. when I took it out it ran funny (im no mechanic) but it didnt have any power to the throttle and i had to keep it at high rpm for it not to stall.. and vtec didnt even kick in..

its a da9 with a b16a in it with a ocd0 ecu.. i checked out the wires andi have 2 going to the ecu disconnected and 1 wire in the engine bay disc..

i tried for th elife of my to look up were these go but i have no luck.. heres some pics to help clarify.

the purple and red/gray wire.idk where to put them in the ecu.. i even looked at some diagrams and cant find any purple wire? idk..

the wire in the engine bay.. i know that my solenoid has 1 wire going to it.. should it have 2? i wouldnt know where else this goes.. its green/white
*the big silver thing is my intake.. just to let you know more in the engine its located..

so yeah any help is aprreciated.. i can post videos or whatever .. thanks

Tetsuka

DA9
bump
If no one can help please send me in the right direction?
Or if my information is sufficient let me know i can explain in more details

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
not sure on the purple or red/grey wire...

The Green/White one you pointed out is for the hazards. Wiring diagram page 1 lists it as such

Tetsuka

DA9
Okay thanks, so that leads me to my other noob question..
what kind of scanner do i need to diagnose the ecu? what are they even called i cant remember -.-"

im just going to follow the purple wire when the snow melts... its april and its snowing -.-

djzachtyler

no scanner for ODB0 cars

You pull your codes by reading the flashing LED on the ECU. In a stock 90-91 scenario To find this flashing LED, pull back the passenger floor carpet and you will see a kick plate with a round clear hole near the top center. The ECU lies directly beneath that kickplate and the LED is under that little round window.

The Led blnks in series of long followed by short flashes example would be - ....... this would translate to code 17 ( VSS sensor issue) now I am not going to translate all the codes.. they are on this forum and others easily found by searching...

You have been led to the watering hole it is on you to drink :) do a seach for 90-91 ECU codes and you will find the droids you are looking for.

Tetsuka

DA9
Tha ks for the information took me awhile to get in my car due to snow..
But i looked at the code.
Code 21 vtec solonoid spool valve.. so its that vtec solenoid right? I took it out cleaned it resealed it. made sure wire connections are all good.. i couldnt follow the purple wire thru the firewall idk where they come in?

But anyways the car starts up amd idles okay.. still slightly rough.. but the error code still shows.. i disconected the positive battery and it didnt reset..
Also when the car heats up the accelerator doesnt really work and it starts to back fire...then just dies and doesnt start..

Any thoughts? My friend thinks it may be the timing..

djzachtyler

disconnect the negative cable not the positive one.