Car Care/Detailing Thread

94RS

No fucks given.
It was in the shop for a solid year, so there's that. Who knows how many miles were put on the countless rentals that were used while it was being worked on.

R13

The other asshole
Bumping this bitch for later because I just spent way too much money on meguiars trim restorer in the spray can. (Wanted the bottle, but they were out). The manager gave me 50% off the 2nd can though even though it wasn't technically part of their meguiars products sale. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I forgot about this thread :lol:

Since I also forgot to post this in the SS thread, I may as well put it in here....

Tested out the Dub by Meguiars wheel cleaner (I like Meguiars products :rolf: ) last weekend, and I'd have to say it works a little bit better than the Mirror Bright wheel cleaner.

Comes out the bottle neon green and turns brake dust purple.

No "after" picture, but they look as good as they did after using the Mirror Bright. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably pick up the Dub cleaner just because you can see it working more than the Mirror Bright. Both products turn brake dust a purple-brown color, but it's easier to spot a neon green liquid changing color than clear liquid :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Think the spray cans were a mistake... :lol:

Results seem like they could turn out nice once it dries.

My problem comes with overspray... this shit's like spray adhesive or some shit... it says on the can to use rubbing alcohol to remove it, which works... but you're better off masking it off like you're just gonna paint it.

R13

The other asshole
Okay yeah no... this is after it dried:

How come you have such good luck with meguiars, Ty? Only thing that's ever worked good for me is the ultimate polish. :lol:

So yeah... my first post in here is a "Don't buy this shit" one :rolf:

Next up I'll try the squeeze bottle. Hopefully it doesn't dry like fucking adhesive. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I just wanted something I could spray on and wipe off and it would look good for 3-4 days... unfortunately I happened to spend $18 on the one product that sprays on like fucking adhesive :lol:

The back bumper looks better in the daylight though, so it's not a total disappointment.

94RS

No fucks given.
I just wanted something I could spray on and wipe off and it would look good for 3-4 days... unfortunately I happened to spend $18 on the one product that sprays on like fucking adhesive :lol:

The back bumper looks better in the daylight though, so it's not a total disappointment.

Wipe it off with a degreaser and get the shit I linked :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I'm gonna try to use the shit in the meantime. I bought it so I'm determined. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Cleaned up the Cobalt's coil cover and the bolts that hold it down.

- Mothers mag & aluminum polish.
- (2) microfiber rags
- (1) microfiber applicator pad.

Before:

After

^ valve cover looks like shit, I know. I'll either get it powder coated at some point , or try cleaning it up like the coil cover. I still need to do the bolts for the fuel rail cover also (gray thing at the bottom)

Obviously the one was done first to see if it would even work.

It did.

R13

The other asshole
I did the bolt thing on the F4's front sprocket bolt/rear sprocket nuts.

My method involved:

- Cordless drill with 3-4 inch polishing pad.
- Green scotchbrite pad.
- Mother's mag polish / or Meguiar's ultimate polish.
- And of course a microfiber towel/rag.

No before pictures, but the front sprocket bolt and washer was completely rust brown.

I just sit down with the drill between my legs pointing up, hold the nut/bolt with my fingers so I can control the pressure and avoid destroying the polishing pad.

94RS

No fucks given.
I just dipped the heads of the bolts into the can of Mothers, gave a twist, then furiously rubbed it against the applicator. Buffed off with the microfiber. Repeat as necessary.

R13

The other asshole
Mine works good for the lazy bastards. :lol:

Or the cripple shouldered bastards like me >_>