March '11 ROTM Winner: Goofygamer

whitedc4

the picture quality you have is amazing... what were you using? if you don't mind me asking

whitedc4

really?? thats all you were using :shock: hmmm ty i will now see what i can do about getting a better camera :D

goofygamer

You don't always necessarily need a better camera. haha have you seen Jayson's pictures? His brother just recently got a DSLR, but all the previous pictures were taken with a plain point and shoot! It's all in the editing. I saw a picture that he took with the dslr, then the same picture with a point and shoot, and I was amazed at how the two pictures look very similar in quality.

goofygamer

look into a 50mm 1.8 prime lense, canon has them for $100 idk about nikon. Its my favorite lense for real
Thanks, Dylan, but I already have a 35mm 1.8 prime for the Nikon. I decided on this over the 50mm because the D40 doesn't have built-in auto focus. I have to buy lens that are AF-S; they have an autofocus motor built-in the lens. This lens is truly is the best bang for your buck. haha

whitedc4

yeah i'm definitely not an editing queen though. my pics are usually taken and then placed on the site raw as can be. unless sometimes i try and bring out color but thats about it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You don't always necessarily need a better camera. haha have you seen Jayson's pictures? His brother just recently got a DSLR, but all the previous pictures were taken with a plain point and shoot! It's all in the editing. I saw a picture that he took with the dslr, then the same picture with a point and shoot, and I was amazed at how the two pictures look very similar in quality.
i disagree editing should only be cropping or bumping up color to influence emotion.

Thanks, Dylan, but I already have a 35mm 1.8 prime for the Nikon. I decided on this over the 50mm because the D40 doesn't have built-in auto focus. I have to buy lens that are AF-S; they have an autofocus motor built-in the lens. This lens is truly is the best bang for your buck. haha
you dont need auto focus, i hardly ever use auto forcus. Manual>auto and i think the 35mm prime has too shallow of a focus. with the 50mm prime, if i moved 1" i was out of focus

yeah i'm definitely not an editing queen though. my pics are usually taken and then placed on the site raw as can be. unless sometimes i try and bring out color but thats about it.
editing is bad