Tork's build thread

built_ls

Good looking car. You should get a wink mirror. That would set the interior off.

5ive-0

Freshest
on n i subscribed to ur thread! hope to see some updates soon and hopefully i can get out to some meets soon

tork_sd89

Baywatch
What's up guys? Update time. Started getting the modding bug again earlier in March after it was 1 full year of ownership. I did a full detail and oil change with Mobil 1 (I always use Mobil 1 or Royal Purple) and a Bosch oil filter. Next I did my brakes 2 weeks ago. Went with Hawk HPS pads all around, Brembo blanks up front and re-surfaced my rear rotors. I was unable to get stainless steel lines but I bled the brakes and used some parts store DOT 4 fluid. It took me a long time to do the brakes! Mostly because it was my first time doing brakes on any of my cars. Next time I'll start earlier so I'm not working in the dark with a flash light haha. I don't notice much improvement over stock with this set up during regular stops but a BIG improvement from freeway speeds or hard stops.

Next up are the new parts I got. The other day my Header and test pipe came in, and later in the week my HID retrofit should be here. I went with the Private Lable Mfg (PLM) Tri-Y header and test pipe. I chose PLM because it's a replica of the Skunk2 Megapower header for about $400 less and is better than an ebay generic. For my headlights I contacted member johnnymass who offers retrofit service. I wanted it to look as OEM as possible, so all the reflectors and shrouds remainted OEM. The projector being used is a Bi-xenon FX-R projector. I ordered Morimoto 35w 6000k D2S bulbs, apm to D2S connectors, as well a high beam splitter wire to power the solenoid so my bi-xenon feature will actually work. I'll be using my DDM 35w ballast still. I also got Blackworks Racing rear lower control arms, and Buddy club oil cap. The header and test pipe are going on tomorrow afternoon. Special thanks to Mitch aka thenoxus1 for EXCELLENT pricing on my brakes, header, and test pipe. And thank you to our member lightsonled for my interior SMD package. You'll never lose anything in your car again with those! lol