Automatic Transmission Question

osiris19

I have a 96 integra Ls so I'm guessing that's obd-ii? Well, I bought a SP7A automatic transmission because my trans is mechanically not sound. I've been reading a lot about these trans and I have a feeling I may have screwed myself. Will this trans work with my car? It's sitting in my garage still.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

justjdm

DB8 Whore
I believe 94-96 is OBD1, 97-99 is OBD2a and 00-01 is OBD2b. What year was the car you got the trans from?

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Why didnt you check the trans in your car currently for the correct code? Easiest way to check to see if you have an OBD1 transmission in your car currently is to check for the kick down cable that goes from the throttle plate to the front of the transmission. If you dont have that, more then likely you have a SX4A transmission.

osiris19

Found out the car was a 94 integra four door. And I honestly didn't think to check it. I didn't think there was a difference between the trains for my year and that year.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Best bet is to call up the Acura dealer and see if it will fit. I'm sure they will give you the exact answer and can probably find out faster.

phatintegra

Banned
I think in 1996 was the change over from OBD1 to OBD2.

It might work if you change all the sensor over but not sure about the VSS and shift solenoid. Not sure how your ECU (if it's OBD2) will adapt to the OBD1 trans.

Last edited:

osiris19

Yes, my car is OBD-II. I have the 16 pin connector below my dash, so my trans is OBD-II. I just need to know if that thread is correct that I can just swap my sensors to the SP7A.