Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Nowhere local wants to hire me because I've only got 1 year experience working retail, and I'm not ASE certified so no oil change or tire places want to hire me... can't afford to drive 45 minutes to work every day in the next city for $8-$10/hr, and I can't do construction because of my shitty shoulders.

And not that I've tried, but no restaurant/fast food place is going to hire someone with as shitty of social skills as I have :lol:

And that's pretty much all we got here, because y'know Tennessee. We have fast food, and doctor/medical places for all these old fucks who come here to retire.

R13

The other asshole
I'm pretty sure they won't do that because of a medical condition I have, and I'm a near sighted cunt that can't read road signs even with glasses/contacts. :lol:

Shame the factory I was making $17/hr at shut down. That was my first job, making automotive window trim/seals. I had money to keep up the old RR, and I bought the black v6 mustake back when they would still cost you about 10k out the door.

R13

The other asshole
What the hell :lol:

I bet you can't turn it to full lock with the gauge there.

While my long armed ass probably could ride it, first big bump and I'd fuck up the gas tank when my face smashed into it.

And the Avon tires decals... :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Still the question of how the fuck you'd actually ride it with those forward controls... You'll end up looking like you're doing some kind of fucked up yoga or something with those super low clip ons :lol:

R13

The other asshole
The official product of "I should've bought a fucking lightning but instead I'll just ruin a firebolt because it's my bike, bro."

94RS

No fucks given.
Not even that. A lot of Buell owners that actually respect the bikes (ones that don't chop them up for their engines) are older, so I get why they'd want a more upright bar. It's the fucking price that's retarded.

$439 for a triple clamp, handlebar and brake line.... You can get an OEM Lightning triple clamp off of eBay for under $100, a superbike bar for $20-30, and an OEM Lightning brake line is $50 brand new from Harley. So what in that LSL kit is worth the extra $250?

R13

The other asshole
Nothing. But I'm assuming it's CNC aluminum, and it's brand new and guaranteed availability rather than searching on eBay for used stuff. Companies seem to think that makes it worth it alone.

94RS

No fucks given.
Nothing. But I'm assuming it's CNC aluminum, and it's brand new and guaranteed availability rather than searching on eBay for used stuff. Companies seem to think that makes it worth it alone.
Damn near all of the OEM parts are still made. The only thing that's discontinued is the handlebar clamp.... Which is identical to any other two piece bar clamp besides that piece in the middle that has the model name :lol:

Also did I read that right? Aluminum bars? The f***...
Reduce vibrations maybe? They're toned down on a Buell compared to a Sportster, but it's still a Harley v-twin at the end of the day.

R13

The other asshole
If I can bend an aluminum driveshaft by accident I sure as shit don't want my bars to be aluminum. :lol: