Justin's Prelude (BB6)

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Buy quality tools. Also what kind of ball joint separator did you get? Hopefully not a pickle fork.
They're mostly Craftsman. I'm not too particular on the brand as long as it is lifetime warranty. Yes I did get a pickle fork, worked fine.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
It was all I could get though from the autoparts store. My dad thinks we should be able to resuse them so I'll give it a shot.

osiris19

As long as you didn't tear the boots you're okay. Make sure there isn't any play in the ball. Next time just use a dead blow or a sledge hammer and hit the side of the control arm till it pops. You can try and put weight on the arm to make the knuckle pop.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Made progress today

Had to remove the left drive shaft first. Then Disconnect the rest of the exhaust (pictured)

ATTS is out

So much room

Head is out

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Cannot get this nut off the bolt.

So I do not believe one of the bolts is stripped. The problem was I put all the head studs at the same length when the top center one should of been lower. That is the bolt with the nut stuck to it. I believe that is why I was not able to get it fully torqued. Either way, good day.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
So got some work done the past few days.

Oil pan gasket done

Intake manifold cleaning and assembly

Then I got to the fuel filter which I did not take pictures of

Head back on

Header on with head assembled with timing belt started. Need to rent a tool to finish.

Fuel rail and injectors on

I then begun to connect all the hoses and all that fun stuff.

Now this is the ATTS system which has been working on and off.

With it working sometimes and not working it would have to be a connector. Discovered it was the left oil pressure sensor that was broken.

After fighting with the parts department (which is its own story all together), I found out this would cost well over $300. I was able to track it down online for around $212. If you look close you can see where it is disconnected so me and a friend are going to try and fix it tomorrow. If not I will probably just get a new ATTS sometime in the summer.

Last edited:

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Sorry don't have many pictures here. Everything went smoothly and the car started up fine. Needs a distributer cap and spark plug wires though. Anyways pretty happy that it is running great.

Also got a new radiator in

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Haven't updated this much but a few things have happened. The radiator I purchased has been leaking automatic transmission fluid and I cannot seem to get it to stop so I will be returning it and getting a new one saturday.

I also installed NGK spark plug wires and a new distributor cap.

I was able to wash the car today and get a few updated pictures.

Before

After: (I also cleaned interior really quick)

IMG]http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/thebestmcgee/IMG_4942_zps413201cd.jpg[/IMG]

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Haven't updated this much but a few things have happened. The radiator I purchased has been leaking automatic transmission fluid and I cannot seem to get it to stop so I will be returning it and getting a new one saturday.

I also installed NGK spark plug wires and a new distributor cap.

I was able to wash the car today and get a few updated pictures.

Before

After: (I also cleaned interior really quick)

IMG]http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/thebestmcgee/IMG_4942_zps413201cd.jpg[/IMG]