map sensor issues?

skinsfanbdh

i recently bought a 2001 integra gsr with a ls motor and gsr tranny. after the car running perfectly for about a day it started having a searching idle when cold and randomly while warmed up. also randomly while driving it will bog down at low rpms with backfire then get cel 3. sometimes if i turn it off and back on it will run fine for awhile and sometimes it will do the same thing. i replaced the map sensor and visually checked the harness the best i could and every thing looks in good condition. the car ran perfect after i replaced the map sensor for about 3 days and then the same problem again. any help would be appreciated as im no mechanic and dont have the money to keep buying map sensors.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Get a good OBD2 scanner that displays the sensor outputs so you can actually monitor the MAP sensor. Id like to verify if the bad idle and bogging corresponds with a misreading from the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor should always read 14.5psi (absolute) or 1000mbar. Could be bad wiring or vac leak.

skinsfanbdh

another thing i forgot to include is the vacuum line coming from beside the map sensor is plugged. could that be the problem and if so where is it supposed to go? i cant find what its suppose to be attached to.