Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Acura Integra Technical > Exterior / Bodykits / Detailing

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

paint

Exterior / Bodykits / Detailing

Old 11-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
Isaac.R

Question paint

How much paint do i need to paint a 2001 integra LS
Isaac.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
94RS
No f***s given.

You're gonna need enough paint.
no one here speaks asshole... except for 94RS, he's fluent in that.
Quote:
You just ruined my thread

1994 Integra RS - Dead again...

1981 Honda C70

2007 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC

2003 Buell Firebolt XB9R
94RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #3
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Send a message via AIM to Samurai_Blue Send a message via MSN to Samurai_Blue

depends on how thick each layer is, and how many layers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
| Instagram: @DylonFujiFilm
Samurai_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:52 AM   #4
Isaac.R

I just asked a question haha this is my first car and i just needed some input into how much gallons id need haha
Old 11-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #5
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

just wrap the car.

|
|
|
|
Old 11-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #6
Isaac.R

i was but the paint job sucks and my step dad said it will decrease the value of the car if i did it but i'm not to sure , it's my first car so i just want it to look decent you know.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:20 PM   #7
Isaac.R

but i get what your saying i think it would look nice wrapped but i need new fenders and bumper and wheels because the guy who sold me it put some lame stance bro wheels on it. I just hope i can get it to look nice and clean
Old 11-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #8
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

You need new fenders, bumper and wheels anyways if you paint it. From where you are starting you have to do 100% the same prep work. I would get all the needed body pieces, sand the car down, and fill in dings with bondo, prime and fill prime it, and then rattle can it black and wrap it. You're decreasing the value of the car by repainting it anyways.

|
|
|
|
Old 11-17-2017, 06:14 PM   #9
Isaac.R

true , how much do you think it will cost to do all that sanding and priming , i know i can get most of the huge dents out without bondo but some will need it. Also do you know any cheap 5 spoke wheels because im in highschool and i dont have a nice paying job yet.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:09 PM   #10
LsTeg97
Power_Hitter

Send a message via AIM to LsTeg97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac.R View Post
true , how much do you think it will cost to do all that sanding and priming , i know i can get most of the huge dents out without bondo but some will need it. Also do you know any cheap 5 spoke wheels because im in highschool and i dont have a nice paying job yet.
It depends how much you want to spend and the quality of work you want done.

If you just want it repainted cause new paint..then go maaco..cheapest paint there is, but not guaranteed quality...$600-$1200

I did mine for $1000 by my friend, but he hooked me up majorly and plus i didn't have a whole lot of dents either. This getting friend discount. He did 3 layers paint, 4 layers clear coat DuPont.

My buddy told he usually charges around $5000 for a new paint cause you never know how much body work your gonna need to do and don;t want to sell yourself cheap on labor.

If you don't have a nice paying job, just keep saving up and do you research on body shops around your area.
Some shops will just spray and clear it for you if you do the body work, which will be extremely cheap.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
haha we're like cousins in law so its not wierd if anything happens lol.
Build Thread: Late Early Bird, Here to Rise

LsTeg97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #11
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

mazda miata wheels are cheap enkei 5 spoke wheels.

|
|
|
|
Old 11-27-2017, 11:56 AM   #12
Isaac.R

thanks and my friend can hook me up with the paint and all that i just wanted to know how much it would cost without someone helping which you answered and thanks for the advice on which wheels i should get
Old 11-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #13
Isaac.R

Samurai Blue , which website do i get them on
Old 11-27-2017, 12:21 PM   #14
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

craigslist? I think you need a 15" NB wheel.

|
|
|
|
Old 11-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #15
94RS
No f***s given.

Idk about the Enkei-made Miata wheels, but I had to drill out the center bore for my "twisted 5 spoke" Miata 16s to fit on a Honda hub.
no one here speaks asshole... except for 94RS, he's fluent in that.
Quote:
You just ruined my thread

1994 Integra RS - Dead again...

1981 Honda C70

2007 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC

2003 Buell Firebolt XB9R
94RS is offline   Reply With Quote