OBD-0 to OBD-1 conversion....why?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Anyone know? Wondering if it would be worth doing.

And why did this get moved to here? I didn't think it really had to do anything with the Drivetrain or all motors.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Its for using OBD1 ECU's which are really good for tuning and shit, People also change from OBD2 to OBD1. Also if you ever did an engine swap you would use that harness for the OBD1 ecu if you got an OBD1 swap

ODB0 89-91
OBD1 92-95
OBD2a 96-99
OBD2b 00-01 or 02

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
does the 92-93 ECU work on the 91 engine? this way i could just swap in the harness now, right?

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
the obd0 base maps are easier to "hack" and easier to reprogram. it is said that obd0 ecus will gain the most power when remapping the bas programs.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
slow_99integra said:
the obd0 base maps are easier to "hack" and easier to reprogram. it is said that obd0 ecus will gain the most power when remapping the bas programs.
Really I figure the OBD1 is better, thats why most people use the P28 ECU when chipping (or P27) ??

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Well i would like to swap in a different engine with in the nesxt 2 years. too many miles on this one, (its going to die driving back and forth to school every day) and I'm going to school for Automotive Technology, so i could swap it there. Just wondering if it would be worth it to do this summer before school starts, or wait till i do the whole swap.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
obd1kenobi said:
Its for using OBD1 ECU's which are really good for tuning and shit, People also change from OBD2 to OBD1.
That's what I heard. The P28 ECU (OBD1) is the most responsive and the easiest to tune. This is what my mechanic runs on his LS / VTEC hatch.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Kuchtaboy said:
Well i would like to swap in a different engine with in the nesxt 2 years. too many miles on this one, (its going to die driving back and forth to school every day) and I'm going to school for Automotive Technology, so i could swap it there. Just wondering if it would be worth it to do this summer before school starts, or wait till i do the whole swap.
Well if your going to get an engine swap then you'll need the Harness sooner or later, I personally say wait, b/c you never know what the future holds

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
good point. I was just checking on if it would give me any sort of upgraid, but i guess not really