tie rod falling off?

Ok heres the deal. Back on dec29 I put new tie rods, springs, and new tires on my teg. That same day I took it to goodyear to get it aligned. Well a couple of days ago I started to hear a clicking noise when I hit bumps and when I turned the steering wheel. Tonight I got home from work and pulled the teg out so I could take it tomorrow ( snow and ice today) and the clicking was real fuckin loud. So I jack the car up and remove the wheel in freezing tempratures in the snow to find this.

Which caused my tire to look like this

If you look closely you can see the groove in the tire. So yeah I'm pissed.
I plan on calling goodyear tomorrow to see what they want to do about this. Anybody have any advise as to what I should request? I'm not looking to take them to court just yet. I just want the problem fixed and my tire replaced.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
looks like tThey didn't tighten up the jam nut...

I'd be fucking pissed!!! I can't really tell what's going on with your tire... picture is too blurry. lol

looks like tThey didn't tighten up the jam nut...

I'd be fucking pissed!!! I can't really tell what's going on with your tire... picture is too blurry. lol
Yeah the pictures suck cause I was shaking from freezing. I have a vid and I'll be taking more pictures in the daylight tomorrow.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
seriously, don't blow up at them, but don't let them walk all over you.. YOu need to go in and keep your cool.. otherwise they'll just be dicks.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
the sooner you go back to goodyear the better. my buddy had a problem with meineke and they worked it out. its not like a person intentionally loosens their tie rod...and they've gotta have a tire laying around somewhere they can give you.

seriously, don't blow up at them, but don't let them walk all over you.. YOu need to go in and keep your cool.. otherwise they'll just be dicks.
I dont plan on being a dick unless I get dicked. When I first brought it up to them, they couldnt align it because it had a bad tie rod. I had them in the car with me just incase that came up and they wanted to charge me 180 just to put the outter tie rod on. I was like " let me borrow a jack and I'll do it in the parking lot in 10 minutes" of course they said no, so I went home and changed it myself.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol, yeah. and that shouldn't have made them do the alignment any worse.. outer tierods are probably one of the easiest things to replace on a car. there is no reason they shouldn't have done it right. I just know from experiance in working with customers when it comes to automotive, if you get smart, they get smart right back.

I wasn't saying someone left it loose on intentionally, I was just saying that's what it looked like