New here *** new 97 integra ls

jwh0818

I just got a new 97 integra ls with an auto tranny. I'm wondering what I can do to this motor for more MPH and HP

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Use the research function to find an answer to a question that has been answered literally HUNDREDS of times on here.... Thanks.

Intake header exhaust and call it a day, that's all that's worth doing with the autotragic really...

jwh0818

Well I want intake but what kind should I get

bkirshr

User that is Registered
most people go AEM, or get ebay pipingg, then a K&N filter. personal preference though

jwh0818

Now is there a difference between cold air intake and ram intake.

Sorry I should actually know these questions

bkirshr

User that is Registered
yep, short ram is a shorter version that stays in the engine bay (look at my build thread for reference). Cold air, is one that runs all the way down under the bay and the filter is right behind the passenger side of the front bumper.

jwh0818

Okay i still have the stock intake with the box. Can't I just pull the box off and get a k&n filter? I mean the k&n that fits the box is 76$ so it will be the same as the ram intake right? Please correct me if I'm wrong

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Look up DIY icebox, that will yield better results than simply dropping a filter in, and K&N's power claims are utter bs fyi

jwh0818

Okay now see I completely took my air filter box off and it has a nice pur to it now. Making the ice box will give it colder air but, wont it also restrict airflow?