90 integra fuel pump filter problem

negru213

my integra doesnt want to start anymore the reason is because on day 2 weeks ago i was driving it normal to work then it started kinda not getting any fuel to the engin the car would stop puting gas in the engine for like 3 seconds then it would drive normal again it did that for a while and the check engine light was on the whole time. then i started it up again after work and the check engine light was on the whole time i was driving on the highway then it started again not getting any gas on the engine and the engine just shut off. i was able to tow it home then i replaced the fuel pump thinking it was that but now that is good it wants to start but it doesnt start also when it broke down the fuel pump actually didnt make any sound and with this new one i can definitely hear it when i flip the key before starting my car has a b20z also would i have to replace the fuel regulator or what would i have check thank you for your time

TA4S

If you're not hearing (the fuel pump) it isn't getting power. Check the following: Main relay, fuel pump relay & possibly crank/engine sensors.

TA4S

DA9teg1

im having that problem. my car starts and will run for 3 sec then cuts off. i had to jump it also. but i dont hear the fuel pump at all. where is the relays located???

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
first pull the engine trouble code... that will indicate if you have a fuel delivery or other problem.. Based on what you say this could be Fuel, or ignition related so to help you we need to know which it is.

Generally you replace the main relay, fuel filter, or fuel pump... it is rare for the regulator to actually fail on these cars.

negru213

I can hear the fuel pump when i suitch the key and the main relay click can a distributor get broken or stop working because the day before the car stopped working i changed the inner and outer distributor ring seals and i checked everything to make sure i put it back in the same way it was

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

yoshi408

im having that problem. my car starts and will run for 3 sec then cuts off. i had to jump it also. but i dont hear the fuel pump at all. where is the relays located???
Main relay is located under the dash on the drivers side behind the coin tray

negru213

Alright now that i know whats wrong with the car im gonna need more help with this one i found out my distributor went out and im gonna replace the whole thing now i been looking online to buy one for the b20z motor but all the ones i seen only have one electrical plug problem is the dizzy thats on my car has two electrical plugs so idk what to do now plus further reading online i read some articles about 0bd0 0bd1 and 0bd2 dizzys and i need to know of a way that i can find out what type of dizzy it is thanks

yoshi408

The b20z engine is a obd 2 . And a b18a/b dizzy will fit the b20z

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S ll using tapatalk 4 beta

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
yep dizzy is going to be based on your ODB # not the block itself.. for example if you had a PR4 head with ODB 0 ecu you would want to make sure you had the ODB0 IM, & Dizzy as well...

negru213

Thanks guys i alooked at the obd0 pictures already for the b18 dizzy and its the actual one thanks alot it was a problem i could literally couldnt solve myself