Cleaning Engine Bay

I<3MyIntegra

Alright, so I plan on cleaning my engine bay today, and was wondering what cleaner would be good for the job. The only cleaner I could find with degreasing agents in it was Meg's all tire and wheel cleaner. Is this cleaner too corrosive? and would it remove the painted parts in surrounding my engine? I figured I would ask for advice on here first before I possibly completely demolished my bay.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Gunk Engine Brite, some plastic bags (to cover electrical/battery), and a brush for heavily built up dirt/grease. Spray on, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, scrub the tough spots and hose it off.

Make sure to get the heavy duty gel, and definitely don't put it on a warm motor :lol:

Edit: Looks like this

Last edited:

I<3MyIntegra

Gunk Engine Brite, some plastic bags (to cover electrical/battery), and a brush for heavily built up dirt/grease. Spray on, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, scrub the tough spots and hose it off.

Make sure to get the heavy duty gel, and definitely don't put it on a warm motor :lol:

Edit: Looks like this
Any idea where i can pick up some of this stuff? There's an O'reilly's, Autozone, ABC Auto, and a Wal-Mart near me.

d@_b3st

I use purple power and cant really complain

94RS

No fucks given.
Any idea where i can pick up some of this stuff? There's an O'reilly's, Autozone, ABC Auto, and a Wal-Mart near me.
Never heard of ABC before, but I've picked it up at Autozone and Wal-Mart (sometimes they only stock the Foamy one, it sucks) before and I've seen it at O'Reilly's the few times that I've gone.

I<3MyIntegra

Never heard of ABC before, but I've picked it up at Autozone and Wal-Mart (sometimes they only stock the Foamy one, it sucks) before and I've seen it at O'Reilly's the few times that I've gone.
Alright cool, thanks for the help :)

Btw, how do you usually go about using this stuff? Do dilute it? TYIA

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Nope, just spray it right on and let it sit. Wait about 15-20 minutes, scrub the really caked on grime with a brush of some kind, and hose off.

treeafodo

Austin
Hey! My thread is being linked :lol: That's how I cleaned my bay the first time. After that the dirt is really soft and easy to remove with a rag.

94RS

No fucks given.
Hey! My thread is being linked :lol: That's how I cleaned my bay the first time. After that the dirt is really soft and easy to remove with a rag.
:thumbs up It's what I used when I cleaned the Saturn I was driving last year, damn thing threw oil out the cap for 3 months (bad gasket). After I was done it looked brand new.

mibecho

After cleaning the engine will the grease that came off the engine stain? I don't want to stain the driveway.