Adapters

beka

Ok so I'm doing a 4x100 to 5x114 lug swap for my SSR's on my DA, and i'm using adapters. everything went fine until i hit 50 on the highway and all the allen key bolts on the adapter pulled out for some stupid reason and the wheel fell off. thank god my fenders are low and kept the tire in the wheel well. is there any specific company anyone got adapters from and if anyone can recommend a good RELIABLE site that would be great. I looked through the forums but didnt see anything about adapter recommendations, I see alot about ITR hub swaps but my winter wheels are 4x100 so i need something that can be switched back and forth for now until i can afford another set of 5x114 wheels. the adapters were USED so i guess it is kind of my fault but still..i got lucky once i dont want that to happen again. thanks for any advice or help!

beka

and what would be the right way to instal adapters then? its not hard to put them on at all thats why i thought it was just a shitty part.

zack11122

Okay. Not to jack but. Can I buy 4 5 lug hubs and press them into my current knuckles?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Do it right...

The only adapters worth while are solid billet cnc'd adapters. They use the current 4 lug to be bolted on. Then have their own studs.

Allen screws holding them in? I don't even think loctite can fix that problem.

dlo253

and what would be the right way to instal adapters then? its not hard to put them on at all thats why i thought it was just a s***ty part.
Not run adapters... Lol. Do a proper 5 lug swap.

beka

ok so i should just do an ITR swap? whats the best way to do that, buy the whole itr steering knuckle or shave down an ITR hub and press it into my DA's steering knuckle? zach11122 thats what everyone says is possible, but i heard you have to shave it down because the specs are different? i honestly dont have much background in how to do this so im pretty clueless right now thats why im here.

dlo253

There are a few detailed write ups online, go find one. That should have all the info you need.