Car Care/Detailing Thread

R13

The other asshole
Alright so I screwed by buying a generic drying towel (figured as much, but no one local had Meg’s water magnets or anything else)

It’s still a little dull because it’s not completely dry, but so far so good

Before:

After:

Turtle wax cleaner wax still doing a good job 8 months later

Overall I’m happy. I think I’ll get a blower, and a better drying towel (or two), but for a garden hose sprayer and a pube mitt, the result turned out better than any quarter wash you’ll get.

Highly recommend this little $12 gun for routine maintenance washes if you just have dust/light dirt like I get :thumbs up

94RS

No fucks given.
All I can think of with that last pic is Scruffy and wash bucket :rolf:

Paint looks decent though :thumbs up

R13

The other asshole
I’m definitely pleased. I haven’t seen it this clean in probably 2 years.

Meguiar’s ultimate wash & wax ftw :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Guessing you've never used Gold Class? It leaves paint feeling "soft" (lack of a better word). Like, picture how a new car feels :lol:

R13

The other asshole
This is my first time using anything but dish soap or quarter wash bubble brushes :lol:

R13

The other asshole
If ya don’t count the time I helped my closet gay neighbor wash his spongebob themed bimmer when I was about 6-7 :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Alright, so my dad picked this stuff up for cheap. Figured I'd give it a try since the SS needed a wash anyway.

Unlike Meguiars Gold Class, the foam is pretty thin.

Actually smells pretty good though. If you've ever had Ocean Water from Sonic, how that tastes is how this stuff smells :lol:

Decent shine for a cheap wash & wax. I'd try their Barret Jackson stuff if I can find it since Amazon spike the prices of Meguiars products.

Wheels were done with DUB wheel cleaner, tires with Meguiars Endurance gel.

R13

The other asshole
Looks like imitation Meg’s :lol:

I always get meguiar’s products from Walmart because they’re always cheaper.

They have the $22 ultimate fast finish stuff for $12 all the time.

R13

The other asshole
I like the “self drying” badge.

I’m gonna start selling “car washing water” and brand it “Self drying” :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol:

Yeah, I still used the water magnet to dry the car.

On the back of the bottle, it described the "self drying" thing as the soap washing off in sheets, rather than beading off, and leaving a spot-free finish. I didn't try it because the water at this house sucks ass and leaves white spots on fucking everything :rolf:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I still need to order a foam cannon and a water magnet because nobody local fucking carries them...

I washed the 500 miles worth of bug guts and shit off the old boy.

-Pre rinsed with the power washer
-Soaped with the water sprayer from harbor freight and washed with a mitt
-Rinsed with the power washer
And dried with some halfassed microfiber drying towels

And finished off with Meguiar’s ultimate fast finish.

94RS

No fucks given.
Been waiting for this to come since last week.

Let me just say that I absolutely despise anything with the Chemical Guys' name. They sell multiple different versions of the exact same s***, then overcharge for everything. Have a look at their website under the wax section if you don't know what I'm talking about.... They're damn good at marketing to the bandwagoners on YouTube, IG and FB that fall for that shit, but there are far better products out there for less.

Now that that's out of the way, I was actually looking at getting the Porter Cable 7424xp ($119), but this was a hell of a deal. Normally $200 for the kit, or $133 for the polisher by itself.... I paid $140 for the kit on Amazon. Kinda hard to pass that up considering the PC would've been closer to $160 after buying pads.

Gonna be trying it out this coming weekend with Meguiars Mirror Bright polishing wax. I've only ever used that on the XB, and although that turned out good, it's not exactly the same as polishing/waxing paint.

R13

The other asshole
I’ve heard good things about the torq 22D so hopefully the X is good too.

I’m actually so so on the porter cable. It costs way too much, in fact between it and the harbor freight one that’s like $50, the HF one is better because it has more torque. It’s easier to bog out the porter cable and cause the pad to stop spinning.

And yeah... fuck chemical guys, Griot’s and all the other popular detailing brands and their BS overpriced chinese products :lol: