insane_one's DB8 Build Thread. teardown/ build up!

insane_one

insane user
Whats up CI. afew of you may remeber me afew months back when i had my DC2. well i ended up selling it. looking back i REALLY REALLY REALLY regret it. SO after afew months went by i saw this gem on craigslist. 1994 Acura Integra GS-R sedan (DB8) and i knew i had to have it. regardless the condition it was in, it would still end up in my hands. went to go and check it out, looked pretty clean. no longer did it have the B18C1. instead there was a JDM B18B. luckily it still had the GS-R tranny. =D took it home for $1500. and started to add my touchs to it.

me ole GS-R

my new love! the night i brought it home. put on my red Rota GT-3's

i got right to work on my DB8

OEM sunroof visor

no bumper lights =(

=D bumper lights. stock for now. Si Vtec's later

lol. i didnt put this on there.

i will be removing it.

insane_one

insane user
now after afew days of driving it.... the motor went out. on my way home the oil light started to flicker. instantly i shut her off. pulled over and checked my oil. still good =) got in and started her up. phew! its all good. minute later a solid light came on and the sound of *knock! *knock! *knock! drove it home that way and started tearin her down.

had to sell my rotas to get this. B18A1. block completely rebuilt with new ITR pistons and B16 oilpump.

a bit dirty but it will get attention

let the surgery begin!

wtf?!

insane_one

insane user
with that being done, the plan was to do this as fast as i can and get her back on the road. but i decied to just take my time and make everything nice. ill be doing a light/mild little wire tuck. already removed cruise control. and also picked this up. Fidanza flywheel!

NEW oilpan gasket/head gasket/ and valve cover. engine stand, oil, tranny fluid etc.

started removing the engine harness. lableing as i go. just incase i forget

separated the tranny

put the A1 on the stand. and cleaned it up some

clean!

masked off to prevent anymore dirt entering the block

i have a BIG garage! lol

insane_one

insane user
alright, a brake from the engine work. wire tuck! =D

those stickers will be romoved!

started off removing my power steering system. or what was left of it. when i got the car, the pump and the resivor was already missing. and i can live without power steering.

started removing these lines.

fck it just cutt it!

some might call this ghetto but idgaf. put a bolt that fits snug and double clamp it!

now the big fat hose

it wont work that way. theres a metal line inside the hose.

went straight to the rack and disconnected it there.

an oil pan drain bolt is perfect!

power steering and the fat hoses are now gone!

insane_one

insane user
on to the wiring!

alot simpler than you think. wires = headlights(hi & low), bumper lights, and windshield washer. cruise control and power sterring pump and AC wiring will be removed

so far removed from the engine bay

should look similar to this once im done

it started to get dark and cold. so i took the fender off and put her inside.

this is the main area that need the wiring rerouted. do it right and things will look beautyful!

these connect to the engine harness. why not make it closer and hidden? =D

then we start opening up the harness and removing unneeded wires. powersteering/cruise control/A/C

now we have this left over to re route through that little hole to the outside of the bay under the fender. hidden =D

but first we needa wrap what we unwraped. e tape will do it. nothing fancy

wala. reroute it back to its hidden spot

and now we've got this =D

mirrorimg

Ghetto power steering delete. You knew some one would say it, so I want to be first. There are better ways to do this, like actually looping the lines, instead of plugging them, or getting a manual steering rack. I guess this is more of a super budget build.

insane_one

insane user
yes i admit there are better ways to do the powersteering delete. but o well. lols more updates soon everyone.

insane_one

insane user
Alright guys. heres more updates for ya! finished up the wire tuck for now. started to tear apart the bad motor. and here come thee piktarts!

first we cutt whats going through the hole.i numeberd the wires on both ends so later i know what goes to what. then start wrapping it. then we put it in the hole. kinda tight. but it works!

pull it out from the other end

then reconnect the wires how you desire. wrap it.

what would we do without zip ties?! lol

now the harness comes down to 4 things. (lack of a better word) a ground block, headlights, bumper lights, and windsheild washer. everything falls back to its orginal place besides the headlights. all we have to do is extend the wires. very easy.

we'll make it nice and hidden by running the wires beneath the headlight.

extend/wrap/SHIZAM!!

double check to see that everything works and theres no mistakes or problems. you dont wana redo everything. after everything checks out ok. wrap it all up.

fender on

i also removed this wiring harness from under the front radiator support. i believe its for A/C. though it was kinda hidden, i does nots needs thisss.

finished product

yes its dirty i know. ill be washin the bay squeaky clean tomorrow. kk? there isnt much to do for the passenger side (dam ABS) but i will be relocating the fuse box and battery to another area of the car. but thats for another day. maybe after i get her running. lols