pinkley's "gettin there slow RS" thread

pinkley

b@115D33p
oh i like the led in cabin, and the seat belt covers, cant wait to do my interior. what was the ebay seller on the leds?
Thanks man! I did the covers when I did the headliner and center console. I also covered the air bag panel on the dash. It faded like a bitch already. It's going to get peeled off soon.
The seller is dtmmotors For the lights. They are smd not led. It's like a little circuit panel. Way brighter than led lights.

pinkley

b@115D33p
yea i meant smd, i have the smd map/dome light already.. 24smd sounds good for the trunk light ;)
I went ahead and ordered 2-12 smd bulbs and a hatch light assembly this morning.I'm going to install it on the passenger side of the trunk. Hopefully it works out because I'm going to have to cut the hole in the plastic.

pinkley

b@115D33p
Had time to waste today so I pulled my valve cover off. Yesterday I took my drill with a wire wheel attachment to it to knock off some of the loose stuff. Needed the car for an oppointment so I just left it on for the time being.
Yesterday

Today I pulled it off and knocked what I could off with the wheel then used some aircraft remover for the tough spots.
Here's what it looks like now.

It's not polished. I just knocked all the paint off to make it bare for now. Can't make up my mind if I want to get it powder coated, painted, or polish it.

BeatBox

Real Good!
wingless=WINNING!

usually i would say powder coat the VC but being that ur car is the color it is, polished would look good

pinkley

b@115D33p
What color are you going with the VC? you should do chrome i don't see many chrome vcs they look sexy
I was kinda wanting to go with a gunmetal grey with white lettering. Im not 100% though. Chrome would be pretty sweet but a bitch to keep clean

Cman46290

Lookin good man... coming along nicely~

I do really like the DOME light... extremely bright.... the VC looks good too... would look WAY better polished though.. try that first before you paint it... you may like it... i polished mine... (could have done better... but wasnt willing to spend more time on it...).... here is an example pic of mine after polished... your seems like it would turn out even shinier than mine.. i had to do all of the sanding by hand.. didnt have the wire wheel to help.... :/

Last edited:

pinkley

b@115D33p
^ :like: ^

Thanks man. I'm afraid that once I start polishing the vc I won't finish it. Lol I found a local guy that does powder coating. I called him yesterday and he told me $65. That's hot-tanked an all. I guess that's not a bad price. I'm not sure what the going price is tho. I'm deffinately going to play around with polishing it.