Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001) 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Acura Integra

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

B20 vtec w/b16 head your thoughs....

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Tegge monster..

Question B20 vtec w/b16 head your thoughs....

Q/how in your opinion does a b20 block with a jdm b16 head run.
.dependabillity
.power
.tourqe
.vtec crack
.bacicly how would this moter run.

Q/should I have gone to the gsr head if so...
.why

I dont wanna feel like I made the wrong dission the car is getting built as of ,1/9/12
Its at a shop here in the 559 soo let me know guys please comment on this page

Lol
Im very very anxious...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tegge monster.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

Send a message via AIM to Samurai_Blue Send a message via MSN to Samurai_Blue

1, i think you are slightly a ricer if you are wondering how the vtec engagement is going to sound. Smoother is better.
2. the dependability will come from the break in and tune as well as the build. If its done right it will last.
3. it will have torque due to the displacement
4. depending on cams i will say 160s at most.

i put down 166 with a good tune but was held back by other stuff that was out of my control on a gsr with pr3 pistons and type R cams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
| Instagram: @DylonFujiFilm
Samurai_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Tegge monster..

Ricer,harsh bro its cool. hoestly just heard that on any of the frankensin engine biulds the vtec engages harder..or the crack its more aggressive than a gsr or si moter.
I want to know if the combiation of b20 b16 is better than b20 b18...

But thanks..

Anyone else.....

Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=46645
it dosent crack any harder than putting a jdm ecu in your car will. It may crack harder because of the ecu or basemap. A JDM ecu traditionally cracks harder, but after a dyno tune it wont crack as hard because its runing right.

|
|
|
|
Old 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
OGstackadoIIa
TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegge monster.. View Post
Ricer,harsh bro its cool. hoestly just heard that on any of the frankensin engine biulds the vtec engages harder..or the crack its more aggressive than a gsr or si moter.
I want to know if the combiation of b20 b16 is better than b20 b18...

But thanks..

Anyone else.....
Sounds like you're taking this a bit too seriously, man. Dylan knows his s***, bud. Also, having cracks in your Vtec is always an issue and you may want to get some glue for that

Quote:
Just wear a mask when you drive it so no one will recognize you. The money you'll save will buy a nice mask.

Ride of the Month:

OGstackadoIIa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

by having a spiking vtec you have a weak bottom and mid range where the power is all up top. Not very practical unless this is a drag car and if it is then you have the wrong cam choice. Having a loud engagement means:
1. your vtec lobe is massive compared to the secondary lobe
2. your vtec is way way too high

I had a louder vtec until my tune where it was set to where it was supposed to be according to mysetup and my dynograph.

|
|
|
|
Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Tegge monster..

Cool cool dont mean too come off like that at all just wanted some cool feedback.
I respect u samuri blue u got nothing but good things to say ive followed. I know.

Lol that was my first thread

Thanks for the info guys please
Tell me the diff or should I have gone with a gsr head or good with the si.....

Old 01-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

i posted a link about the differences.

|
|
|
|
Old 01-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
Tegge monster..

Looking for the link...
Send me it or give me key words.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
OGstackadoIIa
TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Blue View Post
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=46645
it dosent crack any harder than putting a jdm ecu in your car will. It may crack harder because of the ecu or basemap. A JDM ecu traditionally cracks harder, but after a dyno tune it wont crack as hard because its runing right.

Quote:
Just wear a mask when you drive it so no one will recognize you. The money you'll save will buy a nice mask.

Ride of the Month:

OGstackadoIIa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

thanks patrick

|
|
|
|
Old 01-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
zachb20vtec

iam running that exct same set up with stock internals and the stock p28 ecu and i tell you what i love this setup iv had many gsrs and alot of b16s but by far this b20b block and b16a2 head is the right way to go but if you wanna have more power and torqe deff get that good tune
zachb20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

why dont you tune your ecu or chip it? its probably running not so well with a stock ecu...probably a lot of bad stuff happening to the internals

|
|
|
|
Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
zachb20vtec

im going to soon as i get the $. but no it runs amazing and i have no other issues than my cmc and csc but i replaced them both and the car is fine now . and where i live theres no one to tune a car for a desent price
zachb20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
Samurai_Blue
Yolo Whippin'

350ish is average for a tune FYI.
Also go through phearable.net they do ecus for about $180 chipped and S100 / S300 ready

|
|
|
|

Tags
gsr.b20 vtec. b16 crvtec