62a, 75a or 90a? Motor mounts?

Royal_DA

Royal
So i looked through this thread here and it was pretty usfull but it didn't give me a clear answer.http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=84750&highlight=1993+engine+mounts

My question is, which motor mount should I get? 62a, 75a, or 90a?

I have a B18c fully built with 12.5:1 CR. Hoping to make 200hp w/ tuning (look for my build thread in a bit).
All i need now is to get new motor mounts because my 1993 DA (the one that is getting the engine has worn out ones).

From what I read, I got the impression that 62a would be softer, 75a stiffer, and 90a stiffest (which by what samuri blue wrote makes the car vibrate but the engine doesn't.)

What engine mount would you recommend? It will be DD and hopefully during the summer on the track some.

These are the mounts I'm getting: http://www.clubintegra.com/store/avid-racing-performance-upgrade-mount-kit-am-10-da-ob-21_p1360.html

Thanks for any Feed back! :thumbs up

Last edited:

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
your assumption on lower number being softer & vice versa is correct. They number the mounts along the same lines they used to number old skateboard wheels :)

that said softer mount = less vibration, but not good for high torque applications as the urethane will be more prone to ripping under load. Harder mount = more vibration but greater ability to handle highertorque motor...

now you can use that info to decide where you want to be.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
62A durometer is plenty for a DD.
I have 75a solid mounts on my car (non DD) and its annoying.

jbrown97ls

I have 71 if I remember correctly (black rubber in hasports) and everyone that rides in my car comments on how much it vibrates. I've gotten used to it, but it was real bad at first. My dash,keys steering wheel still rattle/vibrate at certain rpms. I don't mind it now, but if I had to do it again I'd get the softer mounts.

redGSRguy

I had the softest mounts on my old motor and everything rattled. Decided to just go with the stiffest non solid mounts and it still rattles. Just my experience..