Alarm Review Thread

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would like some input on alarms, currently looking at a Viper but would like to hear some feedback.

I would prefer one that doesn't go off every 20 minutes.

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
dei products are the top alarms and remote starters in the world. so i would say stick to them. ive been installing them for 4 years now and there good and reliable.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
is clifford good? i kinda want a 50.5x or 50.7x

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Anything made by DEI is good. More layers of security :thumbup:

Daybid

Dump or Die.
where is a good place to buy alarms.

also anyone know which is a good and slightly cheap 2way?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Most places online have decent prices. Do you plan on having it installed?

I happened to find a guy selling a brand new kit because he sold his car, I love those deals.

Daybid

Dump or Die.
yeah. do you think it would be cheaper to buy an alarm online and find a local shop to install or find a local shop that will sell and install.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Most shops will charge more to install stuff they didn't sell, especially if it's a brand they don't normally install, aka, a brand they don't sell. Some shops won't install stuff they don't sell/aern't familiar with at all, period. When a shop is an authorized dealer of a product (like DEI), they get special technical support for that product (like DEI). If a shop tries to install another brand of equipment and they run into a problem with it not working right, can't figure out how to program the thing, or whatever else could possibly go wrong with an install (which is plenty), then there up shit creek for getting technical support to help them out. That's why they charge more, or why they just won't do the install.

Last edited:

Daybid

Dump or Die.
Most shops will charge more to install stuff they didn't sell, especially if it's a brand they don't normally install, aka, a brand they don't sell. Some shops won't install stuff they don't sell/aern't familiar with at all, period. When a shop is an authorized dealer of a product (like DEI), they get special technical support for that product (like DEI). If a shop tries to install another brand of equipment and they run into a problem with it not working right, can't figure out how to program the thing, or whatever else could possibly go wrong with an install (which is plenty), then there up shit creek for getting technical support to help them out. That's why they charge more, or why they just won't do the install.
interesting... thanks

phatintegra

Banned
I been thru 3 DEI alarm inside my teg. The only issue I have is the remote going bad. It does kill the remote battery. I will keep upgrading it.