Poor man type r bearing issues

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
So I just traded around and got a 91 b16 head and a b18c1 block out of a 4 door gsr. Apparently the old motor spun a bearing and they replaced all 4 with oversized bearings and now it won't spin over. Any ideas on what to do? Do I have to replace the crank and get OEM bearings or can I have my old journals milled?

The head was separate from the block when I bought them

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Muckman

Not a M0derator
So they just threw in over sized bearings without the required machine work to run oversized bearings? More than likely the crank is toast and/or not cost effective to repair.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Okay sorry everyone. My info was mixed up. Took the girdle off and it's running standard size King bearings and the assembler used no lube. I'm going to pull the crank and check for scarring and measure it. While I'm at it I'm homing and putting in new rings

Muckman

Not a M0derator
So the engine was never run in that condition? Who assembles an engine without assembly lube? Holy Christ.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
So the engine was never run in that condition? Who assembles an engine without assembly lube? Holy Christ.
They slapped them in and tried to spin it over and scarred the hell out of number 1 main bearing. Just sold the block because its going to be a pain with all of the abuse it's had