Sunroof

HONDA.WORX

Ok so iv thinking about deleting my sunroof 1.it doesn't work 2.I live in Florida and it's to damn hot lol i either want to buy a cf or fg block off but don't know where to find ttha or weld in a panel and body work it smooth and paint or take out sunroof motor and decal the sunroof any ideas or suggestions

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
his is weight, and mine was my roll cage is too big to accomodate a sunroof.

HONDA.WORX

Gotcha that was something I was looking at as well was the weight.I want to take the headliner out of a teg that has no sunroof and use it as well

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
youre going to want to delete it properly with an RS roof or have a race shop just make a plug and then wrap it. The sunroof delete plugs they sell that are made from FPR suck. Ive used one from strata racing and it was the worst thing ever. Roof skin is the way to go. But if you do motorsport, youre going to want a roll bar, and probably not a roll bar like auto power (which by all means is good, but its heavy and small).

HONDA.WORX

I work at a fab and body shop and was guna weld a plug in weld in a reinforcement bar and put the new headliner in but if I were to put an rs roof on I'd have to remove the glass right?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if you weld in a plug it will look funny. The metal wont expand/contract at the same rate and it will be flat vs the OEM one which is curved. RS roof is the only way to go if you want it to look nice. Or just make the sunroof work. And you have to remove the glass.

Nick_C78

Trying to weld one in and smooth it out is a horrible idea. Working at a body shop you should know that. It is much easier to drill out the spot welds and replace the whole skin. Yes, you have to remove the windshield, but in the scheme of things that is the worst part.