what did you do to your car today?

renarudo

Changed my oxygen sensor and hoping my CEL goes away. Also changed my wife's headlight lenses on her Camry to help her night driving. They even came with bulbs for the low and high beams for $60, I considered it an overall win.

R13

The other asshole
Rebuilt my first starter, It's not the cleanest but it works again.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
It was super simple, Now that I've done it I'd say I could probably do a complete rebuild in under 30 minutes since I wouldn't be being cautious.

It only took 3 hours, I spent probably an hour of that searching through a storage building for another chevrolet starter to use for parts and another hour or so just slowly taking it apart and looking at it to find out why it wasn't working right.

I ended up taking the starter from my firebird (Kept it after I sold it) and just using the end cap that mounts to the engine on my camaro, Cleaning them both up, Assembling and testing it.

The problem with the original starter was the valve cover leaked down on the starter when I first got it and after a few years it turned into thick sludge that just wrecked it.

Much closer to getting this heap sold, Trying to hurry before tax time passes.

All that's left is to put the starter back on, Find out if the battery is still draining, If so, Fix that, Drill and tap the threads for the shifter and it's ready for the awful journey that is selling a car on craigslist.

randomhobo

automagic user
It was super simple, Now that I've done it I'd say I could probably do a complete rebuild in under 30 minutes since I wouldn't be being cautious.

It only took 3 hours, I spent probably an hour of that searching through a storage building for another chevrolet starter to use for parts and another hour or so just slowly taking it apart and looking at it to find out why it wasn't working right.

I ended up taking the starter from my firebird (Kept it after I sold it) and just using the end cap that mounts to the engine on my camaro, Cleaning them both up, Assembling and testing it.

The problem with the original starter was the valve cover leaked down on the starter when I first got it and after a few years it turned into thick sludge that just wrecked it.

Much closer to getting this heap sold, Trying to hurry before tax time passes.

All that's left is to put the starter back on, Find out if the battery is still draining, If so, Fix that, Drill and tap the threads for the shifter and it's ready for the awful journey that is selling a car on craigslist.
But I'v got like 5 on the shelf.... I'd have hooked you up with a decent price... Shipping would have been a bit of a bitch tho....

R13

The other asshole
Why the f*** does everyone have a shit load of chevy starters? Cars not last long enough to burn them out? :lol:

I had enough spare parts myself to build it for no cost.

Noneed2Hate

smog and alignment - done

best part is the guy who did my alignment said he would re allign my stuff if install camber kits within the next 3 months (warranty)

also weight reduction because gotta go fast, took out rear seats as well as the trunk particle board thing and rug.

Last edited: