Candice

zack11122

So today was pretty good. Got a bunch of work done. I hope I did everything right...

Well start off with the parts:

Gaskets arrived today

My arp head studs that arrived last night.

So after I got the gaskets. Today was my day off so I immediately went to put stuff together!

Head studs and gasket put on. I thought these would be a pain. But all I had to do was put them in hand tight per directions....

Put the head on and torqued er down. Did 3 torques. Un did and retorqued per directions.

Timing. This wasn't hard at all. I made it hard on myself. I'm used to timing belts. You put it on. Turn the motor over by hand 2 revolutions and see if everything lines up right? Well that's exactly what I did. Put everything on. Turned it over. Needless to say with timing chains they won't line up for 40-50 turns.... So I felt like an idiot there. I re did the timing thinking I messed up. :lol:

Then where I left it for tonight. Everything sealed and torqued per fsm. Still have quite a bit to do but the top half of the motor is all set.

Tomorrow my egr block off plate should arrive as should the dual 10" electric fans I ordered the other day. Car is turning out pretty solid. Main thing I have left is modifying the manifold to get rid of the butterfly valves. Then all egr and emissions will be fully removed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Keep up the good work!
And when you say ALL EGR and emissions are gone, does that mean you're catless?

zack11122

That's how they came. Got them for $30 so you can't really beat that. I won't run them both because it will run too cool then I suppose. I'm picking up a second block that I am going to be building for boost. But that's after I get this running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk