moonroof leak

dboy444

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/11-generation-three/295730-moon-roof-leak.html#post3131802 there is a link to my thread in another forum, but no answers really came from it. It leaks down from the circled area into the rear passenger seat area (the interior is stripped) we put a hose on the moonroof and it literally poured right through. What can i do to fix this leak?
I don't know if the leak originates here but the underside there is where i see the stream coming from, i assume it has to do with the rubber near where the moonroof presses down, but i have no clue what to do and will not put interior back into my car until i know how to fix this

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/11-generation-three/295730-moon-roof-leak.html#post3131802 there is a link to my thread in another forum, but no answers really came from it. It leaks down from the circled area into the rear passenger seat area (the interior is stripped) we put a hose on the moonroof and it literally poured right through. What can i do to fix this leak?
I don't know if the leak originates here but the underside there is where i see the stream coming from, i assume it has to do with the rubber near where the moonroof presses down, but i have no clue what to do and will not put interior back into my car until i know how to fix this
Go to a local salvage yard and scoop one up fairly cheap. If you can't find one let me know and I'll mail you one

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If it's leaking around the seal, reseal it. Use some 3M seam seal with the rubber, that'll create a solid seal. If it's leaking from the drain tubes you'll need to clean them and make sure they're sealed together good.

dboy444

If it's leaking around the seal, reseal it. Use some 3M seam seal with the rubber, that'll create a solid seal. If it's leaking from the drain tubes you'll need to clean them and make sure they're sealed together good.
i'm positive it is not the drainage tubes, so should i just like take the glass off and put all the seal down in there? or where exactly should i seal, i feel like its the area between the 2 rear tubes, that long flat area, that causes the leak.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
put it where you think it's leaking, or put it around the whole seal. Most likely it's leaking between the gasket and roof, I doubt it's leaking from between the glass and assembly.

dboy444

put it where you think it's leaking, or put it around the whole seal. Most likely it's leaking between the gasket and roof, I doubt it's leaking from between the glass and assembly.
where exactly should i put the weatherstripping stuff? i really don't want to cause anymore issues or anything, how should i go about putting it where it needs to go

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
where exactly should i put the weatherstripping stuff? i really don't want to cause anymore issues or anything, how should i go about putting it where it needs to go
If you're that insecure about doing it take it to a mechanic. I'd put it between the original gasket and roof, I don't know how much clearer I could be.

dboy444

If you're that insecure about doing it take it to a mechanic. I'd put it between the original gasket and roof, I don't know how much clearer I could be.
i just have no clue what gasket you are talking about, i don't recall a gasket pressing against the roof when i removed the moonroof before

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
There should be a seal that seals the sunroof to the roof. It's in the picture you posted, the big black rubber piece around the outside...