white smoke, good compression, good leak down

BIGmucko

Car is a 95 integra, B18B1 all stock.

Car has white smoke coming from exhaust, when cold and when up to running temp. More smoke when rev'd up.

Compression test shows

#1 - 195
#2 - 192
#3 - 195
#4 - 198

Leak down results at 90psi
#1- 12%
#2- 6%
#3- 10%
#4- 8%
All had hissing sound coming from dip stick

Car sat for 2.5 years, changed oil, coolant, plugs, wires cap and rotor.

Engine running fine besides the cloud coming out the back.

This one has really stumped me. Help PLEASE!!!!

cpeehler7

Banned
I'm no expert, but it sounds normal. Sounds like it's cold out and you're seeing a bit of steam behind you. Just about every car does that.

BIGmucko

Its definitely not normal, there is enough smoke that it blocks the view out the rear window, it also never decreases in amount, its always thick.

Forgot to mention that I also did a block test, liquid stayed blue.

Im open to checking anything else anyone can think of

Ganyon

Maybe run a can of seafoam in it to clean everything out? There could be water or something somewhere.

BIGmucko

I drained out all the old gas, smelled rancid, put fresh gas in, has been running the same. I prefer techron over seafoam, ran a bottle of that through, still smoking the same.

Any water trapped in the exhaust should have burnt off by now, ive ran it for at least 8 hours since.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The sh!ty part about a blow head gasket is that it doesn't always show up in compression or leak down tests.

BIGmucko

The sh!ty part about a blow head gasket is that it doesn't always show up in compression or leak down tests.

Yeah, unfortunately true.

With the amount of smoke coming out, I'd expect more coolant loss, as it stands its almost negligible the loss observed if any.

I still need to do the leak down on the engine hot. Even then I doubt to see anything, especially since it passed a block test.

BIGmucko

Combustion test the coolant. Its a chemical test.

I did perform a combustion test (block test), it was one pf the first things I did, the fluid never changed from blue to yellow. I confirmed the test fluid was good by sucking in exhausy gas direct from the tail pipe, and iy changed then. Did it a second time from the radiator neck, same result, no color change.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes do the leak down test when the engine is hot. Take the rad cap off to see if you get any bubbles.

BIGmucko

I will do the hot leak down test this afternoon and reportt back. I'm hoping to see something this time around since doing it cold was inconclusive.

The compression was the same when hot and cold

BIGmucko

Just did the leak down with the engine hot

#1- 7%
#2- 6%
#3- 5%
#4- 3%

no bubbles in radiator, same hiss in dipstick tube, no where else

Also had the pressure gauge on the fuel filter port, it held steady at 39 psi for 15 minutes after shutting the car down. Also pulled the vacuum line to the regulator, and pressure goes up as expected.

Power balance test also was good (pulled injector plugs)

Still stumped on where the smoke cloud is coming from

BIGmucko

Valve guides and valve seals? Lol leakdown doesn't check those. It just checks valve seats.

Its not losing any oil... so I can't say that it would be the valve guides or seals. That and the smoke is really white, I don't really see any blue at all.

:/