Replaced cam shaft cap seal and still leaking???

916ek

So i replaced the cam shaft cap seal with a password jdm one and its still leaking...what did i do wrong??

916ek

I replaced the valve cover gasket also. Not leaking from there. I did put a little bit of RTV silcone on the lower surface of the bear and on top of the bearing cap not around the whole seal. Maybe thats what i need to do?

01FTW

I replaced the valve cover gasket also. Not leaking from there. I did put a little bit of RTV silcone on the lower surface of the bear and on top of the bearing cap not around the whole seal. Maybe thats what i need to do?
Thats exactly what you needed to do... Its what I did when mine was leaking. I also had to replace the vtec solenoid gasket. This was way back when I first got my teg and the guy before me never replaced any of the gaskets during the 9 years he owned it..

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yes, unfortunately even though the gaskets are supposed to prevent any leaking they don't. You pretty much have to seal every gasket on the motor to ensure they won't leak somewhere down the line.

916ek

Ok thanks for your guys help. I'll redo the cam seal.