Audio setup/install advice requested...New install.

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Hello,

I am planning out the audio system for my car (93 integra ls) and I would like some advice.

information
1. The car already has a power wire running from the battery back to the trunk/hatch area.
2. The car already has a set of rca cables running from the radio area to the trunk/hatch area.
3. The remote wire for the trunk-amp is also already run from the radio/dash to the trunk/hatch area
4. I want to run the lower door speakers, rear speakers and a set of front tweeters(w/built in crossover/HPF) off of the Head-Unit (Pioneer DEH-6300UB) via a universal wiring harness and the stock speaker wires.
5. The sub will run off of the power lead and rca cables coming from the back of the head-unit.

Questions
1. Method 1: If I use a universal wiring harness to mate the head-unit to the car's stock wiring, Can I splice into the wires for the lower door speakers to send signal to the tweeters(w/built in crossover/HPF)?
2. If method mentioned in Q1 is allowable, will sound quality in the lower door speakers and tweeters suffer due to splitting the signal?
3. Method 2: Using a universal wiring harness, Run the tweeters and lower door panel speakers off of the stock 4-speaker wiring....while running the rear speakers and sub off of a 4-channel amp connected to the RCA-out on the head-unit.

I really don't want to just jump in and start chopping things up and finding out stuff the hard way.
I would much prefer the advice of the experienced and wise members here than my own "hard-knocks" method of learning.

Thank you,
Any and all advice is appreciated.

Dm

BeatBox

Real Good!
buy a harness to plug ur aftermarket radio to your car(walmart has them, they are all the same no matter where u get them. atleast for our kinds of vehicles)

well the way i would go about is this, get a component set. most and likely what u want is something with a 6.5 speaker with a tweeter, it comes with a cross over so that u dont have to worry about wiring them in(tweeters, to stock wiring). U CAN RUN THEM with an amp witch i would suggest or run the wires from the door speakers to the cross overs and from that u will wire the speakers and tweeters.

for your rear speakers, do the same as above. run them thru the stock wiring WITH NO AMP or run new wires and add and amp, i would suggest a 4 channel to work with all your door speakers

Obviously amping them will give u the better sound. only thing IMO if run an amp to them run new wires, DO NOT MESS WITH THE STOCK WIRING because if something is off thats just gonna start more problems

as far as ur subs i would get a amp just for them, and keep ur mids/highs (doorspeakers) on a seperate amp.

hope thats not too confusing, let me know if u need any more help :)

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Thank you Beatbox!

I will start out buying the headunit and run the front and rear speakers off of the headunit.
I will also buy the 4-channel sub-amp and sub.
If the sound is good, I will keep it that way.

If the sound is not up to par I will buy the tweeters and a second amp.
The second amp will run the front 4 speakers, the sub-amp will run the sub and rear speakers.
I will wire the speakers the way you have instructed for this method.

Thank you!
Dm

dariel89

I have the harnees that plugs to the stock integra harness

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dariel89

Is mint and uncut

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
The harnesses are less than $10 at walmart. Do yourself a favor and just go to bestbuy or walmart and pick one up.

dariel89

I told him 10 and at best buy they dont sell it for 10, thrust me i know, best buy is expensive

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Yeah true.
But knowing my luck, they'll have every kind but the one for my 93 integra...

*rolleyes*
I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to these things.
If I didn't care at all, everything would work out smooth.

Dm