Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
I'd hate to ride track tires on the street with tire warmers and all that too :lol:

Got the calipers back on, can't appreciate it because now it's just up to those fucking shims to show up...

Also saw this gem :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Fan fucking tastic...

The eBay seller changed the description for the shim kit I paid $50 for... it only includes 1 of each size shim apparently, and the same kit is now on Amazon for $33.

When I bought the kit off eBay it simply said "7.48mm valve shims 1.20mm - 3.50mm" and in the description said it included four of each size. Now it's changed to 47 pieces and only includes 1 of each size.

Fuck this bullshit, I'm pulling the shims that's in it, finding out what I need, and seeing how much the dealership will charge for just the shims I need. Rather pay $100 for just the ones I need than lose another $50-$75 on Chinese shit that takes 3 months to get here and isn't even the right fucking shit.

94RS

No fucks given.
:rolf: That's a fucking expensive valve adjustment.

The XB's dinosaur of an engine still has self adjusting valves :mrgreen:

R13

The other asshole
Yeah... shit fucking move on honda's part to use shims to save maybe 10lbs at best.

R13

The other asshole
Hasn't moved or been started in about 2 months now. It's been raining nonstop for 6+ weeks as well...

R13

The other asshole
I wouldn't waste the money. :lol: I'd give 1500-2000 for it given that it still ran good.

Knowing the douchebag though he probably doesn't want to sell it, just wants to let it sit outside and go to shit.

R13

The other asshole
I haven't gotten close enough to it to tell, but I'm sure all the little nuts and bolts are rusty, probably the chain too, and things like the top of triple clamp will be faded.

He's had it for close to a year and every time I leave my house it's sitting in that exact spot rain, snow, or shine...

R13

The other asshole
Oh and it also has a gp megaphone pipe that's pointed straight up so I'm sure the header is full of water.

94RS

No fucks given.
Sounds exactly like the R6 up the road from me. I was shocked when it was turned the opposite way this morning.

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

I hear it ride by my house about once every 2-3 months. Other than that I've never heard him start it just to run it a bit.