2.25 or 2.5" CAT

Visionnaire

Can you post a vid of your final result? What muffler did you go with? I'm interested to hear your result cuz I have a header like that too...

Cripton805

Can you post a vid of your final result? What muffler did you go with? I'm interested to hear your result cuz I have a header like that too...
Yeah no problem. I already had it installed. It's pretty quiet, but deep during throttle a decent sound "Loud"
I got an OBX Twin Loop 2.5"

I got the collector cut off because it sucks and got a welded collector. Spring bolted up to a Magnaflow 2.5" and 2.5" piping.

Last edited:

Cripton805

2.5 all the way, creditable info is found riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

<----- here =D
Actually if I would have gone to 2.25" piping and CAT, I think I would have got a little more power if I was going to keep the engine stock.

The 2.5" piping lets the exhaust gases float around too much on a stock GSR. This piping makes the gases pulses slow down. Im pretty sure 2.25" would be perfect for a stock engine because you want consistent consecutive fast pulses that push out the exhaust gases.

Dont get me wrong. I did gain up high, but took a major hit down low.

Luckily for me Im going to build my car.

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
HAHA, I didn't even see the date on the thread, was just in posting frenzy. Yeah, well I'm all high power =P Low power only counts for first part of the race or course.