NO start getting fuel and spark

triniracerr34

So I found this clean integra, guy said it needed a headgasket and how it cranks but wont start... So i bought the car, I notice a hole in the block when i was doing the headgasket.. So i went and picked up a b20.. swapped it in!! didnt start, as it turns out the b20s intake cam was 180 degrees off meaning it was upside down.. I got everything to top dead center but it still does start.. the car sat for like 2 years prior to me buying it.. I put fresh gas and spark plugs and i even tried starter fluid but it still doesnt start please help what can it be? The car cranks

triniracerr34

I adjusted the valves then played with the dizzy timing and i put a new fuel filter then it was like chik chik chik chik broooommm vrooooooommm vrooom( it started up and runs now!) but there is some milky substance in the oil... The car head blown headgasket, so i swapped ina b20 that sat in the rain under a cover for awhile... Could it be condensation? also the car sat for like a year without being ran... can it be condensation in the gas?

Nick_C78

Always always always flush and change fluids before running a motor that has sat. There is no telling what got inside. Gas also goes bad, so flushing out tank and lines is needed.

triniracerr34

Well i changed the oil and coolant... the oil is fresh now but the coolant is milky colored, and im losing coolant constantly... im gonna attempt the head gasket..

1) coolant gauge isnt working, it just stays in the same place even when i turn the car off 2) gonna attempt the headgasket, any advice tricks or tips? 3) to reuse the headbolts or not to? im on a budget and dont think i can spend 100+ on bolts at the moment but if its really really a necessity ill drive my damn truck for a couple more days until i can afford the bolts

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
One thing I would suggest is to make sure the head and engine block are flat. If either is warped, you'll have to get them shaved down. I'd reuse the head bolts, just make sure to torque them all down properly. Had a honda civic in the shop once and the instructor broke a spark plug off inside. He quickly took it all apart and reused everything. I don't think it's a requirement to get new bolts. Sorry that your car is taking so much time and effort!
- Aaron

Nick_C78

Don't get so hasty. Do a compression test or even better a leak down test. Confirm its the HG before doing ask that work

Also, never re-use head bolts unless you have upgraded hardware like ARP.

triniracerr34

well as i begun doing the headgasket i noticed a few of the head bolts were loose.. the middle long bolt was able to move without a socket.. and a few others spun with no real muscle needed.. -__- the headgasket was perfect... But i replaced it anyways and torqued the beyatch down to 66 pounds.., no leaks no funny business nothing at all runs like a champ now.. FELPRO HEADGASKET FTW

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Oh man... I hate making mistakes like that! Least you got 'er running, nice job. Thanks for letting everyone what it was!

Nick_C78

Did you reuse the bolts? Even the ones that were loose? Hopefully it all works out, but I wouldn't have reused OEM head bolts, especially ones that were loose. Too many factors could have caused them to back out...You are just assuming they left them loose when they replaced the gasket before right?

triniracerr34

the ones that were loose were a little stretched and damaged so i used some old LS bolts i had from a spun bearing motor.. they were good enough for now.. in a couple weeks when i have enough money im gonna do a b20vtec with arp studs etc

Nick_C78

Thats what I was getting at. They came loose cause they stretched. Good call on not reusing them. Also if this is temporary you should be fine. Just take it easy.