Engine swap question! Helllllp!

THE WITCH KING.

I just recently got a 92 integra. It has a DOHC Vtec. I was told at the lot that it has a B18C engine. My problem is that I don't think it has a vtec ecu, because I don't feel the vtec kicking in at all. I tried to find out if it truly was a B18C or if it was another type of engine. I can't find any numbers on the engine other than PR3-2. As far as I know its either supposed to be P-28 or P-72. There i s also an A stamped lower down. I have no idea whats going on with this engine. I'm new to the integra game. Help me out please.

mirrorimg

Look at the block where it meets to the transmission. Theres a block code on it.

If its a stock motor in a VTEC second gen chassis, it will be a B17. If it was a swap and a VTEC engine, it will be a B18C1.

powerneedy

There will be 2 stamps one on the head one on the block... well visible that is. the one number will be left of the exhaust manifold about half way done of the block right where the tranny and motor connect. tell us what that is. the head will be above the port 1 on the exhaust manifold right by powersteering. tell us what that number is. then on the ecu there will be a sticker on the side that will have numbers also.

Look at the block where it meets to the transmission. Theres a block code on it.

If its a stock motor in a VTEC second gen chassis, it will be a B17. If it was a swap and a VTEC engine, it will be a B18C1.

Can't be a C1 if it has a PR3 head casting unless someone did a Poorman Type R.

THE WITCH KING.

Okay the numbers were covered with hella grease. Anyway they're B16a and 5205273. Kinda pissrd that I was lied to but whatever I guess. Anyway. I couldn't find the numbers above port 1. There was just the pr3-2.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
That just means its a B16A. If you look at the numbers on the head, the left most one will either be 89,90,91,92 etc etc to see the year.

THE WITCH KING.

Oh and the ecu is 37820-b28-a02 and then 760-307711 it also says awl. The b in the first set of numbers is sorta scratched and could be a p or r. I'm not sure. Also on the side of it someone wrote chipped and socketed b16 a. Wtf is up with this thing?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Car has a chipped p28 in it. Thats a sohc vtec ecu from a 92-95 Civic ex/si, that someone has chipped in order to run the b16, pretty common. Does the car run good? If so then I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest

THE WITCH KING.

Yeah it runs fine. I just want to be sure I'm getting all I can out of it. I'm still learning abour Honda's
(Obviously lol)
Isn't it bad for the ecu to be for a sohc when the mototr is dohc?

THE WITCH KING.

Yeah it runs fine. I just want to be sure I'm getting all I can out of it. I'm still learning abour Honda's
(Obviously lol)
Isn't it bad for the ecu to be for a sohc when the mototr is dohc?

jdean41

If its programmed correctly vtec engagement should b 5500rpm. Its not going to jerk you back on engagement or anything. And if your new to hondas you probably havent really encountered vtec very much. Glad to know you found out exactly what it is though. Im going through the process rignt now of finding things about my car that the previous owner lied about as well so i know how you feel.