3K at startup and holding

RS01

What a week. Replaced all of the rear bushings, installed 2 new tires, and had it aligned. All of this made a huge improvement in how the car drove and handled.

We then replaced the throttle body because the TPS kept acting up. It was doing the 2K to idle bounce. Pulled the TB off of a good used spare engine and when we fired it up and it went straight to 3K and stayed there. Tried a few adjustments and checked for leaks (none). Gave up and reinstalled the old TB and she was her old self. So now it looks like I have a spare TB to attempt installing a new TPS sensor or consider getting a new TB with TPS.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I had problems with my dashpot, do you still have yours? It was binding up the spring on the throttle body.

RS01

I have not thought about the IACV. How do you check it? I can see a TPS is coming soon.

I tried messing with the dashpot and had no response. Moved it up and down and nothing. . Hmm.

96GreenDB

Try unplugging it while the car is running and if anything changes while its unplugged then it's your iacv. Just replaced my girlfriends.

RS01

When I installed the spare TB, the computer flashed the code for the Throttle Angle Sensor as they call it. After putting the original TB back on and clearing the computer, code 43 came up. I wouldn't be surprised if the O2 sensor is wacked but I need to follow the test in the shop manual. If that is ok then we will for sure check fuel pressure.

FYI - I talked to the guy that did the alignment on it after we did the bushings. He said the rear camber is at the limit and can't tighten it up any further even after use a set of come-alongs on it. :shock: But he did say we should be good for quite some time.