Cat Converter

hipod44

Need help with my catalytic converter i have a 91 integra ls 3dr

I failed my inspection in Maryland, due to converter leaking... shop, of course, is offering $600 to replace/repair for a new flex pipe, converter (he didn't specify), gasket, bolt and includes labor...

I think thats bunch of BS, of course, i did my research and i found:

1990-1991 Acura Integra 1.8L CATS CARB Magnaflow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converter on ebay for $140

I have a friend who said if i can get under the car and replacing the converter should be easy..
he claim i wont need anything else..

my question:
will i need anything else? flex pipe? can i still use my old flex pipe?
some says ill need to weld a flange on the converter?
any tips or advice will be appreciate

Has anyone have experience with this issue and can share their story?

Noneed2Hate

You shouldn't need any new piping provided you get an exact sized replacement that is a direct fit of your old OE converter.

$600 is pretty steep to be honest, especially if there is no welding needed.

As far as doing it yourself, it should just be a few bolts, but you might need a good amount of space and leverage as they have been pretty exposed to everything you've driven over (snow rain, whatever you got)

itzrivera

I would check underneath your car first. Look at your Cat. If it has a flange on each end and they're bolted up, then as noneed2hate said, you shouldn't need anything but the direct fit Cat and some PB Blaster to break the bolts free. If you're in jersey I can take care of it for you, just shoot me a pm.

hipod44

yeah i thought so..

Shop said im going to need a flange pipe as well.. im gonna do a little research then get to it!

Im gonna go it myself.. if theres any problem ill get back here, will let you know the result