Lotek or TruHart

jaspo

I'm trying to get a decent suspension for my car. I want something that will make it handle better. Ihave about a 300 dollar budget for struts and springs. I found the Lotek and TruHart struts to be pretty good deals, so i was wondering what you guys think of those two brands. Also I'm looking at Manzo M2 springs and Skunk 2 springs, Are the Skunk 2 springs worth 86 bucks more, or are the M2s a safe bet?

Thanks

94RS

No fucks given.
Never heard of Lotek, but I wouldn't trust something with a name like that... TruHarts are garbage. Never heard of Manzo either.

Serious question though: Do you really want to cheap out on the things that are holding your car up?

If you want a fairly decent setup, you'll be spending at least $500. And that's on the cheaper end. I think my setup was right over $500 with everything on sale at the time, and it's not a very big drop from stock.

jaspo

Well i want to put the bulk of my summer earnings into the engine and transmission. I just need something that will hold me over, for a year or so. I don't care about ride quality. Pretty much as long as it doesn't kill me and fuck my car up I couldn't careless if somethings cheap.

jaspo

I'm not really trying to build a Super nasty track car, or clean ass show car. I just want an entertaining daily that has ight go fast chops. This is gonna be the first car where i'm playing with the suspension. IF you had Ok maybe 350 and you needed something that fitted those parameters, what would you do?

R13

The other asshole
If you really want the best bang for your buck get these sleeves and some truhart lowering shocks. Won't find a better setup for the money, especially nothing adjustable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322224823780

I had just the sleeves on my gsr and they worked like a charm. I liked being able to adjust the ride height.

94RS

No fucks given.
IF you had Ok maybe 350 and you needed something that fitted those parameters, what would you do?

What would I do...?

Ride on stock suspension until I could afford something worth spending my money on, which is what I did.

Noneed2Hate

If you can't pay for legit parts for a honda then you shouldn't even bother trying to mod your car especially considering hondas have some of the cheapest (pricewise) legit aftermarket parts. Double your budget and you can get some decent parts. Don't cheap out.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Why mess with the suspension if you're going to put $300 into it, if you're asking these basic of questions it sounds like you need to do some serious research into what you need.

"Is this good?" Is not a good question, it's pretty objective, it sounds like you're just spending money to spend money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
That being said, look into shocks with a good brand name, or pony up the money for an Eibach kit.

I would recommend Koni shocks, the oranges aren't bad if you're on a budget, they can't take a very stiff spring though, they're made for Oem or a lowering spring, not a 12k/10k spring set up.

If I were looking into a cheap set up, I'd go with Eibach springs I think the "pro kit" springs and Koni Orange shocks.

I assume you will not take our advice and just do what you want, so I must say, good luck with your $300 suspension set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jaspo

I just looked into the eibachs. How bad of an idea do you think it would be to use those with the TruHart's with the intention of swapping over to some Tokicos or konis in idk about a year? Whenever I'm not in school and can work a good job. Also I just found these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGG-SHS-SET-OF-4-SHOCKS-LOWERING-SPRINGS-1-5-Drop-ACURA-INTEGRA-94-to-01-/400942845256?fits=Make:Acura|Model:Integra&hash=item5d5a0e4d48:g:KDIAAOxyoA1RJ-q9&vxp=mtr

Complete trash or could they hold me over for a little while? And i would stick to OE but mine are all fucked up and i want to be a tad lower anyway

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I just looked into the eibachs. How bad of an idea do you think it would be to use those with the TruHart's with the intention of swapping over to some Tokicos or konis in idk about a year? Whenever I'm not in school and can work a good job. Also I just found these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGG-SHS-SET-OF-4-SHOCKS-LOWERING-SPRINGS-1-5-Drop-ACURA-INTEGRA-94-to-01-/400942845256?fits=Make:Acura|Model:Integra&hash=item5d5a0e4d48:g:KDIAAOxyoA1RJ-q9&vxp=mtr

Complete trash or could they hold me over for a little while? And i would stick to OE but mine are all f***ed up and i want to be a tad lower anyway
Why not wait until you can afford something a bit better, better to buy right then buy twice