ixcocoyxi

RS owner
bnib beats by dre: tour
price: $90
place: best buy

decided to upgrade my earphones when i go on deployment :thumbs up

BeatBox

Real Good!
yup, it will look clean i hope. I think a few ppl on here have one too, had a few bucks laying around so went ahead and bought one. With the system i dont want the flip out style deck to snap off lol

goofygamer

Yeah, I don't want a flip out either. I have yet to see a good night and day shot of the whole dash with the in-dash navi installed lol

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Finally bought my first HDTV!
Panasonic 50 inch GT30

I've gotta get more HD channels now.

Now my whole home theatre is set for quite a while. Last year I bought a Denon 3311ci reciever with my fantasy football winnings, year before that bought a Denon Blue Ray palyer, again with ff winnings, heh. Few months ago I bought some front height channels. All speakers are NHT. 5 speaker surround and 2 12's, woohoo. NHT amp.

BeatBox

Real Good!
do like, i bought one earlier this year. not the same one but it is a 50" its starting too look small now lol

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I didn't origionally plan to get a 50 incher, was thinking more in the 40-49 range, but I kept reading over and over again to go as big as you can, people never complain about going too big but plenty bemoan going too small, so I went bigger. Had to spend more than I origionally wanted but there you go. Still in the break-in period so not really enjoying the TV to it's maximum potential yet.

*DA3*

Finally bought my first HDTV!
Panasonic 50 inch GT30

I've gotta get more HD channels now.

Now my whole home theatre is set for quite a while. Last year I bought a Denon 3311ci reciever with my fantasy football winnings, year before that bought a Denon Blue Ray palyer, again with ff winnings, heh. Few months ago I bought some front height channels. All speakers are NHT. 5 speaker surround and 2 12's, woohoo. NHT amp.

nice set up

Last edited:

BeatBox

Real Good!
I didn't origionally plan to get a 50 incher, was thinking more in the 40-49 range, but I kept reading over and over again to go as big as you can, people never complain about going too big but plenty bemoan going too small, so I went bigger. Had to spend more than I origionally wanted but there you go. Still in the break-in period so not really enjoying the TV to it's maximum potential yet.
yeah i hate it, maybe even think twice about buying plasma tv's ever again but the break in period goes fast. i think they say its around 100hrs
the first day or two anything i would watch would stay on the screen after i switched the channel, now it goes away real quick. im happy with mine, its a 50" Samsung

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Samsung and Panasonic are the kings of plasma's. 100 hr break in is what I've heard too. Keep the screen full, watch HD material as much as possible, keep the contrast/brightness/ect settings below 50%. I haven't seen any IR yet, I've even been watching some cable news with all their dang icons sitting on the screen, and baseball games, haven't seen anything yet.
Plasma > LCD for overall picture quality, that's what decided the choice for me. And it would suck to have to sit right in front of an LCD for it to look it's best, plasma looks good from any direction.
I think the whole "plasma's aern't good for a bright room" schpiel is as overblown as bypass valve importance for CAI's, lol.

BeatBox

Real Good!
lol mine is in the basement but still, any screen u put in a living room with sun is gonna look like sht
i hate that sht, in the morning the next comes up and the stuff stays on the corners after i turn it off lol but i dont care it goes away quick. plus they have some feature that move the whole screen enough so that it wont mess it up, its just alittle bit not even enough to see when it does it but it keeps it from burning into the screen.