Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Psh, that thing is worth $1500 max, That's also the same chassis as the yz I already have, lol, Gotta love craigslist....

Sent from my G2 Toaster

R13

The other asshole
I'd have to be stupid to trade my xr for a shitty old 2 stroke that's just gonna blow up in 50 hours of ride time :lol:

Sent from my G2 Toaster

djbigskrilla

You guys have some nice bikes. However, I must probably be the only one with one of these on here.

My 2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob. Denim Black. WOO shes fun to ride. Too bad she looks more like this right now.

Had a guy change lanes on me without looking. I dumped the bike to avoid being run over. More damage than in the pics but we didn't get much more since the lighting in the shop was really bad and the bike was parked near 200 other bikes. I on the other hand ended up with a small bit of road rash on my elbow and knee. I do wear leather when I ride, and worst of all a dislocated shoulder.

94RS

No fucks given.
Holy shit. Good to hear you're alright. Almost exactly the same thing happened to my gf on the scoot and she ended up in a ditch with road rash on both elbows and a fractured left knee.

It's a decent looking bike for a cruiser, but the douchey ass people that ride them make me strongly dislike Harley's (not directed towards you, no offense meant lol). Hopefully everything's purely cosmetic damage?

R13

The other asshole
Cosmetics are the expensive parts on a harley :lol:

Glad you made it out mostly okay, People are f***ing retarded.

Sent from my G2 Toaster

94RS

No fucks given.
Either way, cosmetics are still easier to replace than anything else. Especially for a damn Harley, they whore themselves out on cosmetic parts :lol:

But people are f***ing retarded, last night leaving the grocery store's parking lot some asshole in a CRV comes through the parking spaces behind a s*** ton of cars almost slammed into me. If I still had the stock exhaust on, I doubt he would have heard me in time to stop.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I was riding with a guy on an r6 a few years back when I had my cbr and we were sitting at a red light behind a minivan, I was sitting on the white line out of the lane and he was in the middle of the lane, Out of nowhere a car hits him from behind and smashes the bike up against the van, He made it out with minor bruises but his bike was done, bent rear rim and front forks probably bent the frame too, There was plastic everywhere that bike just exploded and ever since that moment any time I ever stopped at a sign or light I always stopped of to the side because if I had been sitting next to him both of our bikes would've been toast, The woman in the car said she never even saw him.... he had a super bright led taillight and she couldn't see him.

Sent from my G2 Toaster

Last edited:

djbigskrilla

No offense taken about he douche's riding harley's. I know some guys like that, however, I know far more that are great people. Bikers in general are close knit. I love sport bikes but I fear my own actions if I were to get something like that. I'm a responsible rider and person but when you get those wild hairs to just bust loose yeah I think I may get in some trouble on those days. Thanks for the concerns I am healing pretty well surgery may still be in the near future to repair my shoulder but I am already prepared and have been told that at some point in the future maybe 10-30 years from now I will have to have it repaired. We will worry about that if or when it happens. As for the bike from the preliminary looking over things it is all cosmetic. And YES harley loves their parts but the great issue with that is I GET ALL NEW ONES OF MY CHOICE!!! I talked with the insurance company today and they will let me decide what I want to replace and fix etc. The tank is going to be the biggest expense right now. Unlike most other bike families such as the soft tail etc where every bike in that family has the same tank or style tank, the fatbob being in the dyna family is unique in that it is a tank only for that particular bike, which makes it a more specialized part since they only produce them for that bike. Which in turn means that I will have a little wait to get one in. Another thing is the denim black paint its not a gloss paint and the application process is a little different which means more wait and more money. I'm just glad that I'm not paying for it all. So I may end up with a more customized bike on someone elses dollar with labor included. ;) The bike was all stock at the time of the accident. My goal with it was to make it more of a bobber style, and black it out as much as I could without going SOLID black. I need a little shine in it somewhere to help break it up. But that doesn't mean that I can't just use gloss black parts to shine hehehe.

OLDSKOOLACURA

Wow how the hell did I miss this thread!?

I have a 2006 kawasaki ninja 636 SE, I bought brand new and put over 40k miles on it in less than 4 years..... Yea...... I ride lol.

I wrecked it 3 months in (being a noob), fixed it and also bought a stunt bike(04 636). Stunt riding in lots transferred so much into the streets (safety wise, and other things lol). Stunt riding in lots has saved me countless times from wrecking on the streets on my street bike (06 636). The day I stop riding is the day I die.

P. S. I traded the stunt bike for the teg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Pics dammit, I love the 636's lol

I put 30k miles on my old cbr in 3 years :D

Sent from my G2 Toaster

OLDSKOOLACURA

I'll get a picture or two posted tomm after I get back from working on the teg.

hell yea man, give me a full tank of gas and some music (dont really need music, but I love it), and I ride for hours (5 hours being a normal ride for me...straight, minus gas and bathroom). some how when I ride with people I end up leading and everyone says "I don't care where we go".......yea you do because when I ride i f***ing ride and half way through you will be b****ing lol

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I only rode with like 1 other person and it was usually me following him around running errands, Otherwise I found being alone more fun.