Help

chozen93DA

Ok I need some help on why my car isn't starting, I already bought a new distributor, starter, spark plug wires, fuel sending unit and finally a brand new fuel pump and my car still isn't starting, it cranks but doesn't stay running for more then a quick 2 seconds , can someone please give me some tips, advice, anything, I'm tired of asking my home boys for rides lol...

chozen93DA

checked those already and there good, i checked some wiring and it seems that whoever had the DA before i did kinda rigged it but i definitely dont want to mess with the wiring or electrical :/

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
it could be wiring. A friend of mine had bough a teg and the guy said it needed a new starter cause it was a pain to start and sometimes wouldnt start at all. so he got one and the car still wouldnt start or even crank over, nothing at all. so we took a look at everything and it ended up being the shit battery terminals as well as the wiring. we replaced everything and the car fired right up every time and ran fine after that

chozen93DA

at first the fuel pump wouldnt turn on and after i reconnected some wire underneath the dash by the fuse box, the fuel pump came on and the car stayed on for about 10 seconds and did it dyed down and it did this about for about 3-5 times..

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
sounds like you are a victim of frankenwiring... Hate to say it but you may want to look at replacing the wiring harness, or just paying an auto elesctric shop to sort that stuff if you don't wanna do it yourself.

these cars harnesses aren't too terribly difficult to deal wiith tho... there's a ton of info on them out there if you look hard enough.

chozen93DA

i think your rite @djzachtyler im going to try and replace the wiring harness myself and like you said on my other forum if i f*** it up ill just take it to an auto electric shop.. thanxz tho good info and advice..