Vtec Swap Ideas!

roycehep

So i just recently bought a 91 GS. After putting exhaust and cv axles in it, it is now drivable and i am having some fun in it. I have it really low.. haha like really... low. Its pretty funny. im pretty sure that because it is so low, my cv axles are just strait up binding lol. I want to raise it up a little to save them but i like the slammed look. I probably am going to lift it up a little bit because it vibrates pretty good during hard accel.

So. Skip to it. I was wondering if there are any fairly simple, yet rewarding ways of taking the head off of an engine that has vtech. Then install it onto the block of my engine (B18A1). I know i will have to wire in the vtech solenoid and probably use a different ECU, but i was wondering what engine i should be looking to take the head off of or what head i should be looking for.

THANKS!!

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
B16A
B18C1/5

either a PR3 or P72 head.

I would strongly advise to do a lot more research.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Its more than just soilenoid, harness, and ecu...

I heard vtech got great head unit options....

Sent from my DC4

roycehep

i will definitely do enough research before i make i happen to make sure i wont run into any problems but i figured here would be a good place to start tossing around ideas. So the b16a head out of a gsr would fit eh? the b18c is the third gen vtech engine correct? that would fit aswell?

roycehep

Okay these guys a digging deep lol. If I got my hands on a GSR engine complete, I would almost be set! And I could probably do all the work without dropping the engine out of my car as well. I think I might try to get some parts together to get prepared. The only difference (without getting specific) from the GSR to the gs, besides a little displacement, is the vtech head am I right?

roycehep

If i where able to get ahold of a GSR engine would it be worth it to just swap complete engines? Or put the vtech head on the block with more displacement and make it work with all the bits from the GSR engine?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Swapping the entire engine would be a much better alternative, just requires a cable to hydro conversion for the clutch as well as some wiring.