Cluster+climate control+glove compartment lights stopped working.

burgerpimp07

So I read the DIY article on how to swap out the cluster bulbs and put in three 194's into the cluster. It worked fine. I read the DIY on removing the climate control and was switching out the bulbs for those (only found defroster, emergency lights, and top two bulbs.) After re-installing the climate control, now the three main cluster lights, climate control, and glove compartment lights dont work at all.

Dome, turn signals, map lights, and all other cluster bulbs work fine. What could be the problem? Help.

I even tried re-installing the original bulbs into the cluster, and still doesn't work.

*edit*
This definitely happened while working with the climate control. I checked the green plug, and the white one behind the climate control, and theyre both plugged in just fine.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
happened to me too when i took out the climate control and defrost bulbs. its almost like honda put them for a one time use once you pull them ou have to replace them. i just bought all of them at the dealership for $25, $5 a bulb. these are not the type you get at autozone. DEALERSHIP only !

mirrorimg

Theres more fuses in the engine bay. A 7.5 amp that controls some things in the interior. Check those too

mirrorimg

happened to me too when i took out the climate control and defrost bulbs. its almost like honda put them for a one time use once you pull them ou have to replace them. i just bought all of them at the dealership for $25, $5 a bulb. these are not the type you get at autozone. DEALERSHIP only !
This doesnt make any sense. People change the lights in their climate control to different colors. You do not need to buy them form the stealership, you just need to get the correct ones

burgerpimp07

So what, once you replaced the bulbs in the climate control, the cluster lights started to work again? Sounds fishy...

Can somebody link me to an article on how to check fuses. I'm a noobie.

mirrorimg

Pull a fuse out, see if the metal inside the fuse has been broken. Or you can go buy a fuse checker, which checks to see if the fuse is still good electrically

burgerpimp07

Pull a fuse out, see if the metal inside the fuse has been broken. Or you can go buy a fuse checker, which checks to see if the fuse is still good electrically
If it is a fuse, where can I get ahold of some. Would Kragen's or AutoZone have them?

mirrorimg

Yes. any local autoparts store will carry them. You could probably even get em at walmart if its closer.