Godspeed turbo kit

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Are the Godspeed complete turbo kits worth anything? By that I mean will they hold up for dd and occasional track use? I used the search option already and just got a bunch of bs hits. I'll most likely opt for a name brand turbo, but would probably be using the rest of the actual kit. It's a cast iron manifold, so no worries on blowing welds, but is the actual turbo any good? If not, I'll just get a garret turbo, but if it'll do, I'll roll with it. I'm only shooting for 225-250whp.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Got your PM, I'll reply tronight when I can research a bit more.

I've heard mixed reviews on there stuff, some good, some bad. For a lower WHP boost build you'd probably be relatively safe.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
The turbo is decent, it will hold daily use, and maybe some track days.
When I took mine apart it was pretty well built.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Perfect, that's what I wanted to hear, and Mitch, if you can get a hold of that kit for cheaper than they're selling it on eBay, lmk

hgocasca

level 77 troll
This is the kit I'm considering, please excuse the pics, they're screen shots from my iPod, best I can do....

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
only thing Ill use from godspeed is their intercooler and piping. I wouldnt cheap out on some of the more important stuff, otherwise you start paying more in the end.

just my .02

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
This^ Personally, I wouldnt use the turbo itself, blow off valve or the wastegate.... but that's just me. There's a turbo manifold just like that one on craigs right now btw

hgocasca

level 77 troll
only thing Ill use from godspeed is their intercooler and piping. I wouldnt cheap out on some of the more important stuff, otherwise you start paying more in the end.

just my .02
I'm always one to preach "gotta pay to play" but I've heard many good things about their products from friends, so I figured I'd see the opinions of outside, non bias'd people. Thanks for all the input, and Mitch, I'm waiting.....

Str8Boostin

Sleeper
+1 to Garrett turbo's

-1 to Ebay turbo's

For low boost numbers, an ebay intercooler will suffice. Make sure to get t-bolt clamps, good 3-ply minimum couplers and so forth. The most important things though like the wastegate, turbo, exhaust manifold, gauges, wideband and such should be quality products.

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
The Turbo kit I got was from Godspeed....

Things i had to replace from this kit because it crapped out eventually:

The wastegate
replica HKS BOV (also because I got a good deal on a real ssqv)
Turbo (because the seals went bad and made weird sounds when boosting)

So That leaves the log style manifold and the intercooler +piping being the only stuff that was really usefull

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Godspeed make decent products. If you're not trying to get all crazy and track your car, then Godspeed turbo kits are perfect for you. Would you rather pay thousands on a turbo kit that you're going to have to rebuild/replace in 2-3 years or would you rather pay less or about a grand for pretty much the same setup? Take my advice and go with Godspeed. If you want to pay an arm and a leg for a Garrett turbo, then go ahead.

Prozon

Kris
Don't do it. I've got a Godspeed setup on my car right now. I did the exact same thing as you- I researched them and found "Wow, these are getting bad reviews because they're an eBay turbo.. yet i've seen some good reviews FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T RUN THEM."

Tyler had one- but how much time did he put on it? I've got 2-3k on my turbo and my oil seal is blown. Nobody sells replacements for it- so when you blow a seal it's time to replace the turbo. I even contacted "GODSPEED." They have yet to get back to me on an oil seal or rebuild kit.

Primoce and I are in the same book. We both bought it hearing good things- loving that it was cheap. And we're both replacing things slowly because they crap out in no time at all. The intercooler and piping are great. You can't really fuck that up. Like I said- go buy those from any old eBay store.

Like Matt said.. you could go 2/3 years on a Garret (I think I'd give them a little more time then that..) or you could go 2/3 weeks/months on an eBay turbo. Cheap out now, and end up spending more money on a good turbo later, or just spend the money on the turbo now and save yourself the cash wasted on the cheap parts..

They're completely hit or miss. I've seen an eBay turbo last years.. and I've seen an eBay turbo last a week. You can buy it and cross your fingers.. but from my personal experience I wouldn't do it again.